Gibson Brands Forums

The Epiphone That Got Away

Whitmore Willy

Title says it all.

A few years back I was looking for a guitar.

The Elite series was still in full production. I was looking at a Sheraton Elite (Elitist?) and decided to wait.

Bought something else instead. Guess I just figured I could always get one later.

Mind you, I have played for many years. I knew music but not a great deal about what really made a guitar what it is.

(Actually, most of what little I know came from this forum.)

Now I know things usually work out for the best. I know I could still buy one used. Still, to this day I still kick myself every time I think about it.

I also sold my dual pickup "63" Olympic (not the special) back around 1970....STUUUPID!

How about you folks?

Willy

I got my first Gibby LP studio in 1994, i loved it to bits...literally. i played it until the paint was wearing off the neck and the upper bout of the body, then the electrics started dieing after much rough treatment, i sanded the paint off the back of the neck and attempted some modifications.... I figured that the guitar was done for, and sold it for £200. DOH. i didn't realize that good luthier could have fixed it up good ..Doh DOH and DOH again [crying] [crying] [crying]

If i had known then what i know now. .......

Here is a wee pic from 94 during my Heavy Metal phase.

59865_1277848165920_1821480400_560377_5371040_n.jpg

I'm sorry it's not an epi.. but for me this is the ONE! The best sounding and playing guitar i ever had.

If i had known then what i know now. .......

I hear ya. By the way, Great pic!

I'm sorry it's not an epi.. but for me this is the ONE! The best sounding and playing guitar i ever had.

No problem. If Duane moves this to the lounge I'll just change the title to "The Guitar That Got Away".

For me this is easy...It was a limited edition epiphone les paul custom with p90s...here's a pic:

319619_800.jpg

I used it to test drive the vox ac4 I ended up buying. A month later I came to my senses and called the store to see if it was still available, but it was not. I ended up with a regular lp custom instead, maybe I'll drop some humbucker size p90s at some point.

-Cal

Archived