Gibson Brands Forums

Noisy humming

mydeadblues

That 220k doodad is a resistor, not a capacitor. I've never had to replace any of them, but I would guess the same voltage ranges would apply. Remember I'm not technically savvy in the true sense, basically just a self taught hack, so hopefully someone with more technical leanings can chime in and confirm or refute my advice.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Back to square one...This bass is driving me insane! I just took it back to the shop and had them put in a brand new Dimarzio pick up and take out my baritone boost button thinking that one of these was causing the problem. The bass has been rewired with all new pots and now a new pick up but it is still having problems. The problem now is when the volume gets past 9 it just starts humming and won't produce any sound. My tech is confused to say the least. I have no idea what to do. I've eliminated every variable I can think of. The only thing I can think of is that there must be something my tech and I are missing in the schematic. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

WTF, this has too be driving you crazy MDB, after a complete swap-out it's still playing up, I think it must be possessed, sorry I can't offer anything more, I'm bewildered. Lucky you don't have my temper or it would be a pile of splinters by now.

WTF, this has too be driving you crazy MDB, after a complete swap-out it's still playing up, I think it must be possessed, sorry I can't offer anything more, I'm bewildered. Lucky you don't have my temper or it would be a pile of splinters by now.

I'm contemplating having some expensive fire wood. This bass is definitely getting on my nerves but unfortunately I've put so much time, effort, and money into it I can't just give up. I'm going to keep browsing the web hoping to see a picture of the actual guts of someone's eb2 or rivoli and hopefully I'll see something I've been missing in the schematic. Oh and the other schematic I found was a complete waste of time, it didn't work at all [cursing].

Thank you for the link animalfarm! It's good to hear that others are having similar problems. Hopefully someone on that forum will be able to help me out. I wish I never sold my Gibson EB-2DC bass in the first place. Thank you pickypick, I think I'm going to contact Gibson and hear what they have to say about it.

Archived