Gibson Brands Forums

Best records in the past 25 years

dem00n

Best of lists are lame. All of them. There is no such thing as "the best"

What GIANTROBOT said.

How do they meausre it anyway? What do they take on acount in order to (fairly) evaluate ALL ARTISTS and teir albums?

Most "best of lists" are based on sales, on who dates who, and on who's more famous right now. I get coments from young students all the time about how (insert the newest guiutar hero name here) is the best and what magazine said it... you ask them if Les Paul was on that list and they don't know who you are talking about... that's the same people who writes those magazines and do the polls. They think Kurt Cobain was a great guitarrist, they think Hannah Montanah is a great guitarist too... can't blame 'em, in fact, it's ok to think that way, if you like what they do and don't know better then it's ok, but if they don't know better they shouldn't be writing about it.

In all seriousness, two albums from Oasis in the top five and Radiohead has two albums in the top 10.

Who puts together these lists?

Guys on the Gibson Forum?

Radiohead deserves it. I know I'm biased because I'm a huge fan... But their music was incredibly revolutionary. Not just revolutionary.. but amazingly good.

Yeah I'm a fanboy and I don't care.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/radiohead-1222/

No metal records?

Please, Deaths Symoblic would be on that list if the magzine was more verstile.

oh man, i love 'scream bloody gore' and 'leprosy'. those records are pure death metal at its most brutal rawness. but after that, chuck became more of a virtuoso, and the records got slick production, arena rock style a la iron maiden. definitely not so much of a fan of the later stuff. it's more nwobhm and so much of a departure from the early stuff....

Archived