Gibson Brands Forums

NPD; ZVex SHO

Dub-T-123

I finally got my SHO in today. Unfortunately it came right when my ac30 stopped working so I haven't had a chance to REALLY test it out yet.

I tried it on a really old, really crappy amp that I have so the clean sound is garbage and it makes no sense to try and boost it. I did place it after my Fuzz Factory and I can already tell they're gonna be best friends. It gives the FF a little something that I can't really describe. It's subtle but you miss it when it's gone.

So it really sucks that I can't try it my ac30 because I really want to actually hear this thing and my little "backup" isn't doing it at all. I'm gonna open up my amp tommorow and have a look.

Anyways here's a quick and dirty. It's dark right now so this is the best I could do. (I'll post some gut shots and stuff tommorow)

photo-107.jpg

I'm thinkin about making a clone so I can have 2 set to different settings. It's that good...

Thanks. Yeah it looks like a brick of gold. It can go from kicking it up a notch to kicking your amp's ***.

Evol - You should totally get one. Even if you just set it to the minimum setting it just totally sweetens your sound. It pretty much takes what you've got and makes it slightly better. You can get a pretty serious boost too.

This is a pedal that even the most ludditey luddites would love.

It has an LED but no 9v power tap. Me gusto.

Archived