Gibson Brands Forums

My Christmas Present

polska49

Hi everyone,

My wife just bought me a 2000 Gibson Les Paul Junior Special in ebony for Christmas.

I can't ask her what she spent can i!!

It's in very good condition,only a couple of nicks on the back.

Is it rare,or were there many made.

What sort of value should i put on it for insurance purposes please.

I contacted Gibson Europe, but they just confirmed the year from the serial number.

Havn't found much on the net about this model,so any help would be great.

Regards

Richard

post-28171-028627800 1293366737_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

My wife just bought me a 2000 Gibson Les Paul Junior Special in ebony for Christmas.

I can't ask her what she spent can i!!

It's in very good condition,only a couple of nicks on the back.

Is it rare,or were there many made.

What sort of value should i put on it for insurance purposes please.

I contacted Gibson Europe, but they just confirmed the year from the serial number.

Havn't found much on the net about this model,so any help would be great.

Regards

Richard

The Juniors aren't rare and there are many made and still in production. The Jrs. are cool guitars though. I'm not sure about the insurance though, I'm not well versed in that stuff.

Congrats on the Jr. I got a couple of them, one 1987 and one 2008. Fun to play and got that great P90 sound.

Thanks,I've read mine has P=100 pickups,a stacked humbucker,though they looks like P90's. It has the mini trapezoid inlays,not dots.

For insurance purposes, you want "replacement cost". That will protect you the best, and get you another guitar regardless of whether or not the price goes up :D!

Gratz the new axe!!

Thanks very much,but as she will be 11yrs old on 16th January, how do i find out her current value? There are no guitar shops near me to get a valuation!! Does anyone out there have a ball park figure on her current worth please.

Archived