Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of the Big Rock Show!

James Allen

Last year my brother put on a Rock and Roll Christmas show. Packed a 400 seat venue. I worked the lights. This year we did two shows, Dec 10 and 11, and packed the same venue both nights. This year, I was asked to play rythm guitar! My first time ever in a band. I was the newbie and these guys have all been playing/recording for years. I've been playing that long but . . .

the band:

IMG_0045.jpg

the stage:

IMG_0031.jpg

The Show!

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Needless to say, that when we stepped on stage and I hit that first big A power chord and the stage began to vibrate . . . it ran straight through my body and nearly blew my head off! What a way to live!

Hey Surfpup! Long time! Hope all is well. Yes, it was big! I spent 10 years as a comedian, little or no stage at all in some of those clubs. This was the biggest I've ever been on.

I gotta say, though, I came out of this gig a much better musician. These guys taught me a lot. Most of it as verbal beat downs when I screwed up . . . but all in fun!

Hey Surfpup! Long time! Hope all is well. Yes, it was big! I spent 10 years as a comedian, little or no stage at all in some of those clubs. This was the biggest I've ever been on.

I gotta say, though, I came out of this gig a much better musician. These guys taught me a lot. Most of it as verbal beat downs when I screwed up . . . but all in fun!

Thanks, James. Been well. Looks like you guys had a serious blast! Beats running lights, huh? [thumbup]

It was way fun, californiaman. After the gig, I was kind of told that I was now officially in the band, if I so wanted. Uh, duh. We are working on some more shows. I haven't had this kind of fun since I was a standup comic in the 90s. Ok, I admit, it was way more fun than comedy.

Archived