Gibson Brands Forums

what is scale length and fretboard radius(I think)?

schnarz25

Scale length is the distance from the nut to the bridge.

Fretboard radius is simple.Its the curvature of the board. The fretboard radius of Gibson is 12". So imagine a circle with a 12" radius. The fretboard's curvature, if you lined it up with the inner edge of the circle would be equal to the curvature of teh circle.

And since the curvature of the circle is due to the 12" radius, the board has a 12" radius too. Get it?

OK damian... I just went and posted up as many of your posts as I could before I met my quota (I think about 5). now can do I deserve one of your awesome replys?

All my point is that when any member takes the time to answer with information that they know to be correct and or helpful, it is helpful for that member to know if the info was helpful or not, and or if more info is needed; does this make sense?? When someone stops and asks for directions, it is proper to say thankyou.....When a waiter at a restaurant asks " Is there anything else I can get you? " The response is " Yes" or " No, thank you. " I ALWAYS thank all members when they offer advice to me, as I am extremely grateful for their response, as it is very generous of them to take the time to do so.......Andre did a nice job of answering your question, and I hereby thank him for doing such a fine job of doing so....There is much more info on the net as well..Most Gibson electrics use 24 and 3/4 scale..Many Fenders use 25 and 1/2, and most PRS guitars are 25 scale, but this varies as well....Guitars vary a lot in many many ways....This is why I collect them, play them, etc.......................I am very sorry if this reply isn't as awesome as Andres.............

That's a whole lotta drama for a two sentence answer. [flapper]

Yeah, it came out too big......I forgot to shrink it.....Kinda 'dramatic' in it's own way.....oops!!!!!!!!!!!!![scared] :unsure: [lol] [lol] ...........

Archived