Gibson Brands Forums

RRRRoboTTTTT

daveinspain

I have built up a nice collection of gibbys and enjoy playing all of them but as the novelty of each new addition wears off I find that my go to guitar is still the Robot. Its light, feels great, sounds amazing, never have to tune it and it hasn't given me any problems at all... I don't know if the first addition Robot is different/better the the current production Robots but if they are I gotta tell you they are one sweet guitar...

I've heard that Gibson is comming out with a les paul that plays itself called the robot primo. All kidding aside, You know what the deal is with any les pauls. Some are great and some are better than great it doesnt matter which model its just the type of wood (grain and density, which is different on everyone) and electronics and how it gets along with you. Go and play two exact les paul customs and both will feel different.

I played a Silverburst Robot last night at GC. It was new and the high-E tuner would not work.

I think the robot guitar is a fine instrument without the fancy electronics.

I'm sure it was just that the high e tuner wasn't engaged... To have to press it in till you feel it click in...

I'm sure it was just that the high e tuner wasn't engaged... To have to press it in till you feel it click in...

It was engaged. I owned one of the originals and have experience with it. I was also switching between manual and automatic tuning. Of course it's possible that someone else messed it up by trying to manually tune without pulling the tuning key out. I'll stick with manual tuning.

I have to say that I'm waiting first American "million dollar" lawsuit' date=' called "the high e is in my eye". I nearly got it in my eye and I have read about couple case which are "close to my eye" case.[/quote']

Maybe some protective eye ware should be used while changing strings...

Archived