Gibson Brands Forums

new faded explorer

jojo68

Fantastic deal. That's more what they OUGHT to be priced.

I'm thinking they can't move them due to the outrageous price...for, what, a hundred more you could get a '76?

Seriously Gibson, c'mon now.

Great lookin' guitar, I also like your half-stack. Bet they sound killer. Congrats.

Fantastic deal. That's more what they OUGHT to be priced.

I'm thinking they can't move them due to the outrageous price...for' date=' what, a hundred more you could get a '76?

Seriously Gibson, c'mon now.

Great lookin' guitar, I also like your half-stack. Bet they sound killer. Congrats.[/quote'] Thank you very much. I've never really played an explorer. When they released this I thought it was cool,but too much money. I couldn't pass this up. I've been playing it awhile now and it rocks.

I went by my local GC today, and they had a couple of these for $599. I was tempted, as I came close to buying one last April too.

I gave a worn cherry one a good playing through, and it just didn't move me enough. Maybe it was the crappy amp I had to use in the store, but I didn't like the sound. The neck felt good though.

Awesome! I just called and they have 1 faded cherry left for 649.00 out the door! I'm so glad I searched and found your post!

I'm on my way to get it!

Oh and thanks for your compliment! I have 2 Gibson goths. I just sanded one and put some gun stock oil on it as a finish. Looks really nice!

Heck yeah man ! Post some pics ! I have an SG standard, V and LP and I like this thing so much I recorded with it in the studio the next day after I bought it. The tones are sick !!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived