Gibson Brands Forums

Gasin' for gas

TommyK

There's ONE major natural gas pipeline feeding the state.

Same for gasoline - runs between Texas and California, and fed from both ends.

The only way to discuss the matter is to post wildass guesses, speculation and media bullsh!t.

Why?

If I post any of the REAL causes and problems, this thread will be locked/deleted.

100% serious - my family has been in the Oil Biz since WWII, I spent my first 40 years in it.

Looks like this issue is best left to the kids and the clueless to explore... [crying]

ENJOY!!!

[woot][flapper]

Maybe they should go to Africa? From the news today:

Malawi row over whether new law bans farting

The justice minister said local chiefs would deal with those caught breaking wind in public

Two of Malawi's most senior judicial officials are arguing over whether a new bill includes a provision that outlaws breaking wind in public.

Justice Minister George Chaponda says the new bill would criminalise flatulence to promote "public decency".

"Just go to the toilet when you feel like farting," he told local radio.

VERY WISE ADVICE.

I was going to just drop this and do the "just looking, thank you" response.

I don't know the specifics of what Neo might say, but the bottom line is that there are a whole load of issues on this sort of thing that can get horridly political.

Consider the term "political" doesn't even necessarily have everything to do with "political party" stuff, although those parties everywhere can amplify the distance between sides, or perhaps more appropriately, among many, not just two sides.

I hated it when Cali ran out of natural gas some decade or so ago. At the time I lived where we were getting natural gas at a decent rate from wells that well could have been under 25 miles from where I lived. But when they did some additional development to hit the market in Cali, our Wyoming gas bill jumped. "Gotta get the market price" is what journalists were told.

---- Oh and one point on grammar and spelling that made an old guy break out laughing. And yes, I may make my living writing, but I still make errors too, so this ain't personal, OK.

"You see, if AZ didn't have all of this "let's lock our boarders and enforce the law ourselves because the Govt' won't do it" attitude then all those people could bring some gas over."

Actually I get the impression <here's where I start to chuckle> That actually Arizona's legislature, at least, wouldn't mind locking up all the "boarders," that is, those who "boarded" their "ship of state" without following the legalities.

I can still hear the lines in my head from old movies about the days when navies consisted of iron men in wooden ships: "Prepare to repel boarders."

So please take this as a nonpolitical comment from a real word nut, a punster by nature and inclination.

m

Milo - I have to amend my earlier statement;

There's a new natural gas pipeline running within a mile of the Compound - coming from your neck of the woods.

I drove by it (above-ground isolation valve array) this evening and stopped to listen - it's in service.

As far as the balance of who's shipping what to where, hard to say.

Companies used to brag about their assets and networks - after 9/11 they sorta keep specifics quiet.

Fear of domestic terrorism and/or sabotage...

Still, we have only one gasoline pipeline serving the state.

Terminal is at 51st Ave and Van Buren in west Phoenix.

The pipeline ruptured in 2003 near Tucson, panic set in here like the 1973 Arab oil embargo.

Woulda been funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I was going to just drop this and do the "just looking, thank you" response.

I don't know the specifics of what Neo might say, but the bottom line is that there are a whole load of issues on this sort of thing that can get horridly political.

Consider the term "political" doesn't even necessarily have everything to do with "political party" stuff, although those parties everywhere can amplify the distance between sides, or perhaps more appropriately, among many, not just two sides.

I hated it when Cali ran out of natural gas some decade or so ago. At the time I lived where we were getting natural gas at a decent rate from wells that well could have been under 25 miles from where I lived. But when they did some additional development to hit the market in Cali, our Wyoming gas bill jumped. "Gotta get the market price" is what journalists were told.

---- Oh and one point on grammar and spelling that made an old guy break out laughing. And yes, I may make my living writing, but I still make errors too, so this ain't personal, OK.

"You see, if AZ didn't have all of this "let's lock our boarders and enforce the law ourselves because the Govt' won't do it" attitude then all those people could bring some gas over."

Actually I get the impression <here's where I start to chuckle> That actually Arizona's legislature, at least, wouldn't mind locking up all the "boarders," that is, those who "boarded" their "ship of state" without following the legalities.

I can still hear the lines in my head from old movies about the days when navies consisted of iron men in wooden ships: "Prepare to repel boarders."

So please take this as a nonpolitical comment from a real word nut, a punster by nature and inclination.

m

Oh no worries I don't take it personnel or personal. This forum is notorious for being full of spelling and grammar nazis' (not implying you) and besides I don't give a rip if I misspell a word or two on a guitar forum. I'm not defined by my mistakes.

You see, if AZ didn't have all of this "let's lock our boarders and enforce the law ourselves because the Govt' won't do it" attitude then all those people could bring some gas over.

Everyone knows gas is cheaper in mexico.

Oh no worries I don't take it personnel or personal. This forum is notorious for being full of spelling and grammar nazis' (not implying you) and besides I don't give a rip if I misspell a word or two on a guitar forum. I'm not defined by my mistakes.

No one is defined by their mistakes........You will be defined by choosing to be Troll Of The Month djroge 1..............

My bad folks. It was not Arizona, but New Mexico and, according to NBC, SW Texas. Chalk this one up to pentagenarian pre-senility and the concomitant forgetting what Brian Williams said I didn't get A's in Geography, but I knew it was one of them cactus states. .

Actually Milod, I was thinking along the lines of definition a.

board·er1 audio (bôrdr, br-) KEY

NOUN:

One who boards, especially:

1. One who pays a stipulated sum in return for regular meals or for meals and lodging.

2. One who goes on board a vessel as part of an assault or military action: repel all boarders.

But maybe yours is still more accurate.

No one is defined by their mistakes........You will be defined by choosing to be Troll Of The Month djroge 1..............

Oh wow you really hurt me... boo hoo hoo. Why don't you get off your self-righteous horse and get a life.

Archived