Gibson Brands Forums

Help por favor

WahKeen

I'm helping an older friend get an amp. I've already picked it for him. it has one input, and for the amount of money, I cant get him a 2 input amp. he asked me if I could get him a "splitter cable", so he could hook up a guitar and bass to the amp and play at the same time( with a buddy of course). I have googled but I'm getting confused with which cable is the right 1.

I don't think he cares about sound quality, so any suggestions? thanks in advance! [thumbup]

A more expensive (though switchable) option is the standard A/B/Y switch.

Probably less than $50 for a basic Morley model. It's just like running

your guitar into two amps and switching between them - but reversed. Both

instruments into the a and b jacks, the amp into the normal "input". Then

you can switch in the instruments one or the other or both.

Okay, it's about worn out, and as we've all noted, quality will not be what it should but...

I still have a little box with two inputs, two radial volume controls (as in thumbwheels) and then a single input.

Yeah, I used it on occasions to meld two devices like guitars or mikes into a single "input" for an an amp. The advantage to that little dealie is that one could just reach down and thumbwheel up or down the guitar or bass to get a better mix into the amp. I suppose nowadays we could call it a micro-mini mixer.

Or... there may actually be a small, inexpensive mixer that might do an even better job of mixing and getting the best possible tone out of the guitar-amp combination. I just checked, and there are options from $25 to $50 that may even have effects as well as some control over gain, volume, eq....

In that case you're almost considering the combo amp a "combo PA." But...

m

Hmmm.........Someone said, " I pray for God's will and that it in the end, he will be satisfied. " Sounds like good advise to me........What would Jesus use ??

Good secular advice is what Milod and Surfpup say.........

A more expensive (though switchable) option is the standard A/B/Y switch.

Probably less than $50 for a basic Morley model. It's just like running

your guitar into two amps and switching between them - but reversed. Both

instruments into the a and b jacks, the amp into the normal "input". Then

you can switch in the instruments one or the other or both.

+1 on the Morley......mine was $39.99 and is built like a tank.....I use it occasionally to fire 2 amps from 1 guit.......but it'll work either way.

Milod, yes, using a mini mixing board is a great option. You're right on the prices. Thanks for your help!

Bender, I'll have to look into the Morley. It's about as much as the mixer. Thanks!

I'll talk to my buddy and see what he wants. thanks again guys.

Archived