Gibson Brands Forums

Internet purchases.

LarryUK

I've been looking on the net at Les Paul's. Thomann have them a hundred pound cheaper than UK sellers. Ie, the 60's tribute is over a 100 cheaper. Are they safe to buy from? I know it's Germany. But they say the UK vat is included. Is GAK ok? I've seen bad comments on Andertons. They have interest free though. Why pay it all out if you can keep it in your bank?

Thomann are excellent.

And so is Musicstore in Koln.

All my guitars have arrived in great shape and they are also open to returns should the guitar have a problem.

Take my guitars as an example:

lps2k.jpg

The reason for which I ordered them from Thomann or Musicstore is because they were either considerably cheaper than in Portugal or they did not exist nor were they ever available here nor could they be ordered here.

The Epi LP Custom came from Musicstore in excellent condition.

The Gibson LP Studio w/ EMGs came from Musicstore also in excellent condition.

The Gibson LP Standard, I ordered it online from Musicstore and then gave them a call just to tell them I wanted a very good example, well setup and that looked good. The result was simply outstanding.

The Epi LP Standard 1959 came from Thomann and arrived also in excellent condition and 5 days after I ordered her.

The Gibson LP Studio Swamp Ash I got from GC in Seattle.

Thomann seem to have better prices nowadays than Musicstore and they also seem to not charge on the delivery.

I honestly think that you'll be happy with the way they work.

Good luck on your purchase.

Just curious....

What's the price difference between Gibson and Epiphone in the UK or Germany?

Just as a rule of thumb - since BOTH are imports to your countries?

A Les Paul Standard or any model that has both an Epiphone or Gibson option for the same guitar?

Is a Gibson triple the cost?

More?

Less?

Hmmmm....... :-k

Just curious....

A Les Paul Standard or any model that has both an Epiphone or Gibson option for the same guitar?

More?

Less?

Yes...round about that <_< :-({|=

V

Just curious....

More?

Less?

Some examples.....

LesPaul Studio > Epi 270 Euro - Gibson 1100 Euro

LesPaul Custom > Epi 500 Euro - Gibsom 2700 Euro

ES 175 > Epi 370 Euro - Gibson 2750 Euro

BB-King Lucille> Epi 500 Euro - Gibson 2400 Euro

[cool]

Just to give you an example, my Gibson Les Paul Standard cost me 2000 euros back in 2007 from Musicstore.

But it cost 2800 euros in Portugal. And at one point I was even quoted 3200 euros from a shop.

So yeah, prices for instruments in Europe are more expensive than in the US, and in Portugal they are more expensive than in Germany.

(it's getting better here but still more expensive than Germany).

So, I'd buy from Thomann. Just follow Peter's link.

Hi, I have used Thomann and GAK. Not for guitars, but for effects and recording gear. Thomann were top notch. GAK were mostly good, but needed constant chasing over one order. I know that they were let down by their supplier, but I was chasing a lot...... their customer service was poor that one time.

Archived