Gibson Brands Forums

NightHawk Serial number and Place of Manufacutre

cas1964

I just got my Nighthawk last night. Trans black, very nice. Quality is very good. Noticed it was made in Indonesia. The serial number is not in the normal Epi format. Mine is 10102312677. The place of manufacture doesn't bother me, nice guitar for the price, actually believe they should be asking more. Does anyone know if Epiphone has an Indonesia plant? I thought the made them in Qingdao.

Hi Thanks for the information on the serial number. I had my son over today. When he saw the Nighthawk he was surprised. Thought I spent at least 800.00. He loved the tone. I remember playing an Epi Nighthawk while living in the UK back in the early 90's. This new reissue is hands down better than that one.

I will post pics soon. Tried a few minutes ago and kept getting an error.

Welcome to the forum cas1964, and congrats on your new Nighthawk.

Info on how to post pics can be found in the DO-IT-YOURSELF thread pinned to the top of the Epiphone Lounge section of the forum (thanks to animalfarm).

I Ordered mine online and requested next day. When It arrived at the warehouse it was shipped on Thursday direct to store and it arrived around 10am on Friday.

It was the only one in the store. Store here had not seen one until mine arrived.

I Ordered mine online and requested next day. When It arrived at the warehouse it was shipped on Thursday direct to store and it arrived around 10am on Friday.

It was the only one in the store. Store here had not seen one until mine arrived.

Does Epiphone have a hard shell case that will fit this yet?

According to Mr. Epi1 the SG-Case will fit

When I was at Guitar Center we tried out several SG type cases and it seemed like the fit would be a little too tight for my liking, so I got a universal hardshell case made by Road Runner.

Archived