Gibson Brands Forums

SG '61 reissue GOTW#26

Monty Burns

My friends, Gibson SG '61 reissue Classic WHITE (guitar of the week #26) is identical to the *normal* '61 reissue?

I mean: same quality of the mahogany, body in one piece, slim neck (argh...).

In short, everything the same except color and hardware (nickel vs chorme). Or not?

White is a love/hate color with most people--I dig it but there's a lot who don't. Heritage Cherry is a safer finish for resale value.

A particular GOTW will probably appeal to less people than the renown '61 RI, which holds a steadier vlaue. If you dig a GOTW, I'd get it because you don't know when the next one will be available.

White is a love/hate color with most people--I dig it but there's a lot who don't. Heritage Cherry is a safer finish for resale value.

My little problem is that I only found this white available.

The HC I've only seen on-line.

So, as futile as the reason, I don't know if I like the HC color or not (I've seen pics with different peculiarities: the dark red, almost brown - that I love - to bright red - that I hate -)

• 3 weeks later...

My friends, Gibson SG '61 reissue Classic WHITE (guitar of the week #26) is identical to the *normal* '61 reissue?

I mean: same quality of the mahogany, body in one piece, slim neck (argh...).

In short, everything the same except color and hardware (nickel vs chorme). Or not?

As far as I can tell it was the same is the regular '61 RI.

For those of you who haven't seen one:

304571294.jpg

Archived