Gibson Brands Forums

Dealership Woes

retrosurfer1959

I think its funny when people buy luxury cars and complain that maintenence and parts are too expensive. If your going to drop that kind of scratch on a car, you better research consumer reports to gauge maintenence and repair costs before you sign the lease. Cars are sh*tty investments. I bought a 2007 new with 7 miles on it thats worth just over half of the original sticker price today. I can appreciate a cool ride as much as the next guy, but its not worth the headache or the money for me. In another year or so, I may see about working in NY. If I do relocate (again!) I will probably just leave my car in Connecticut to drive on the weekends.

That is a problem with driving a car made in another country. Parts take a while to get here. The standard operating procedure is to ship them the cheapest way possible. That would be on a container ship. Delivery times, generally, are measured in weeks. Since you do not own the car, and the dealership has provided your wife with luxury transportation, someone at the dealership decided to not order the part with expensive air delivery. The likelihood of out of stock parts is high on slow movers during this kind of economy because inventory costs money. Everyone, including this dealership is trying to save money.

This is a business lease. The car is not yours. It belongs to the dealership or the leasing company. You rent it. Lemon Laws don't count because you don't pay for the repairs. Best case scenario, if you don't really like the luxury, sport, sedan, have them provide your wife with another grocery getter of like model and appointments for the remainder of the lease, or at least until their car, which they currently rent to you, is fixed.

...Cars are sh*tty investments. ....

Even less so if you rent them.

Cars are one thing and one thing only: An Expense.

Unless, of course, you are renting them to other people.

Best car I ever owned from a mechanical, functional, and a looks stand point: Saturn SL1.

Paid just of 8 grand plus interest for it, used. It's been paid off for about 5 years now.

Just to put things in perspective, the parts guy and mechanic are probably driving a Saturn SL1, or like vehicle. They probably have a hard time feeling your pain about being forced to drive a car which costs more than their combined salaries. Not judging here, just stating a fact.

You are probably doing the best thing in having a sit-down with the dealer principle.

Need a tissue, sweetheart? [flapper]

Go bully the Merecedes people. Creep. [flapper]

Ok man your the champ (sp) you totally won the argument, I mean how could I stand a chance arguing with a man that uses "Sweetheart and Creep" in an argument the last time I got smacked with those bad boy words, I was in preschool arguing with a little girl in a pink dress, she won that argument just as cleanly as you have won this one (although she did throw in the dreaded I'm telling my mommy) I learned a long time ago (probably in Harvard) not to argue with people that think it's fun, you just can't win.

So I totally apologize I'm a Creep and your definitely a Winner , I admit my defeat - the sandbox is yours even without the blue eyes and pigtails.

Honestly I don't see what the problem is here. Your wife is renting a car long term, and it has problems. The rental company (Mercedes) gave her a sweet, sporty sedan that she probably likes more than the 4WD glorified mini-van that she had before.

Had you purchased the car, I'm sure that the dealer would be falling all over themselves to make it right. But since its basically a rental, they just give you another rental.

I really don't understand what the issue is. If you started this thread just so you can not so subtly mention that you went to an Ivy league school or that your wife drives an expensive car, than you should have just started a club. There are clubs for every thing else on this forum, right?

Archived