Gibson Brands Forums

Your thoughts

Silenced Fred

Three letters P. R S., I've played them at GC , off the wall and out of the box and all of them have been spot on. I own Gibsons, PRS and Collings electrics and have never had quality issues out of the latter two. I have had quality issues with my Gibsons but it doesn't stop me from purchasing one when the Gas attacks.

I do wonder too...

Nashville and Memphis both are a lot more humid than many other areas of the US. Especially something shipped in winter or summer may have some issues...

I note that the Montana acoustics apparently don't have the issues raised such as those about the Tennessee-made instruments.

m

When I bought my Fender 60th Anniversary Broadcaster/Telecaster, the set up was horrible.

I had called the store. Sent them a down payment. Told them when I'd be in to pick it up. Told them I was on my way.

And the set-up was horrible. I was upset. I had to take it home and do everything myself. I called the store's manager and let them know how bad it was.

Other than that, everything has been OK with other purchases. Even the guitars at GC I've tried were set up well.

Maybe it was just this individual store. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. It could have been some kid totally screwing it up with no one knowing.

Archived