Gibson Brands Forums

Replacing Tuner Buttons

Alan189

Hi,

I'm looking to change my Sheraton and EJ-200 guitar tuning buttons to the Kluson type without having to buy new tuners.

I've noticed that there is a screw at the end of the tuning button itself, is it just a case of un-screwing and then screwing the new one in place?

Does anyone know where I can get replacement buttons either gold tulip or the classic green coloured one.

I've tried wdmusic, allparts and google/ebay searches but can't realy find the ones that I'm looking for.

Hi,

I'm looking to change my Sheraton and EJ-200 guitar tuning buttons to the Kluson type without having to buy new tuners.

I've noticed that there is a screw at the end of the tuning button itself, is it just a case of un-screwing and then screwing the new one in place?

Does anyone know where I can get replacement buttons either gold tulip or the classic green coloured one.

I've tried wdmusic, allparts and google/ebay searches but can't realy find the ones that I'm looking for.

Unfortunately "GROVER" tuners have a completely different attachment than a Kluson version and again different position for the drilled holes etc

$(KGrHqJ,!gwE05yEC9QyBNdr4FDJhw~~0_12.JPG

This is the best comprimise I could find Ebay

Hope it helps

Correct, just unscrew the old and screw the new ones on.

Allparts.com has the keystone buttons for Grovers. When I got mine, they weren't listed on the site, so I needed to call them to order them. They were $15 a set, plus shipping. You may have to call them also. Make sure they are for Grover. I put a set of pearloid (alright, so they are plastic) step knobs on my Sheraton. I really like the looks of them. I got them here:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/tuners_partsbuttons.htm

They look like this. They have them in chrome and gold too.

SheratonwithStepKnobs001.jpg

I have a set of the Imperial buttons in chrome for Grovers.

I ordered Keystones, and they sent Imperials by mistake.

I put one set on my new Breedlove Acoustic..

I already have a gold set on my Sheraton.

and I'm willing to sell the second chrome set of Imperials for cost + shipping if anyone wants them. dealer cost. not online/street cost.

pardon my dirty headstock

tunershots004.jpg

tunershots003.jpg

Archived