Gibson Brands Forums

Red Nose Day

Duende

Not being Irish I don't celebrate St Patrick's Day, but tomorrow I will be celebrating and supporting Red Nose Day!!

For those of you who don't know about it, it is an annual charity that is called Comic Relief that raise millions of pounds every year for the poor in Africa! The celebrities get involved and there are lots of work done around schools across the UK to raise money

http://www.comicrelief.com/

My new classical guitar album cover? msp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

post-6745-099575400 1300374831_thumb.jpg

I saw that on your FB Matt....that picture made me laugh so hard. You're making a funny face with that red nose on...

Good tradition...i'm a bit of a Mutt....part Irish, part Scottish, part English...so i'll do it all! :)

I have Welsh, French and English blood! My mums side of the family live up the North and are all Welsh in origin...

Nice to be a mongrel eh LOL!

Completely off topic, but there were only a few thousand people living in Britain about 4000 years BC until Iberian (Spanish) fishermen came over to do business on our little island. Many anthropologists today think that so many of people's DNA in the UK is actually Spanish because of this. Also look at Welsh people especially, so many have dark hair and dark features...like me!!

My local Turkish shop keeper loves to wind me up and say my mum was shagged by a Turk to be so dark! fu8ker!

Matt

Guest FarnsBarns

I have Welsh, French and English blood! My mums side of the family live up the North and are all Welsh in origin...

Nice to be a mongrel eh LOL!

Completely off topic, but there were only a few thousand people living in Britain about 6000 years AD and then a load of Iberian (Spanish) fishermen came over to do business. Many anthropologists today think that so many of people's DNA in the uk is actually Spanish because of this. Also look at Welsh people especially, so many have dark hair and dark features...like me!!

Matt

6000 years AD, Are you from the Future Matt?

Where in South London are you. I live in Sanderstead, could we be neighbours?

Come to think of it, when I was young my parent's had some friends by the name of Sear and they had a son, about my/your age called Matthew, do you have a brother called James. That would be strange!

Being part Irish, Hungarian and Cherokee. Plus having a wife born today I party hard. I won't be celebrating Red Nose Day, but I'll have one tonight. A couple fifths of Irish Wiskey with Pabst chasers , I'll be feeling no pain when I passout..

6000 years AD, Are you from the Future Matt?

Where in South London are you. I live in Sanderstead, could we be neighbours?

This is what happen when you teach brats all day long, you go insane and think you can travel time, I will amend.

I live with my wife in Sidcup SE London. I am my mum and dad's only child but have two half brothers and two half sisters...no James' though!

Matt

There once was a young lady named Bright,

whose speed was exceedingly faster than light.

She set out one day

in a relative way...

And returned the preceding night.

Hey Matt... what would it take to get you to do a US concert tour?

m

She set out one day

in a relative way...

m

Hi Milo

It is funny you should say that! One of my best mates, Logan lives in NH. Two other great friends live in Jacksonville. My wife and were talking the other day of seeing logan in 2012 and doing a few recitals like we did in 2008 with him (Logan is also a classical guitarist and one of my favourite musicians - I am friend and fan!!)

We were saying we could then fly to Jacksonville a week or so later and have some things booked that way...

Matt

Guest FarnsBarns

She set out one day

in a relative way...

m

There was a young man from Afghanistan

Who was terribly bad a limericks

He started of good

But didn't end as he should

Because he always tried to get as many words in the last line as he possibly could!

There was a young man from Bengal

Who had a hexagonal ball

The sum of it's weight

Plus his thing, times eight

Was his number, give him a call!

There was a young man from Nantucket...

Err, maybe not, the rules say not to post anything obscene!

It's a movie called "Patch Adams," staring Robin Williams.

It is based on a real live doctor who went against convention and used humor to help patients recover. He quite nearly got tossed out of med school for his antics. In the movie, his first foray into developing a rapport with his patients was a visit to the children's cancer ward. It began with modifying a rubber aspirator bulb which he placed upon his nose, like a clown's nose.

It's a great movie, i you haven't seen it, rent it.

More importantly, the good doctor Hunter "Patch" Adams. is still alive and well and doing his thing at what he calls.... the Gesundheit! Institute. The Red Rubber nose is an important part of the Institute's image:

http://www.patchadams.org/

The Red Nose thing made me think of him and thought maybe he had something to do with Red Nose Day.

Archived