Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Limited run guitars

luvgibson

Hi Guys

Every now and then I some across some small batch run of really interesting guitars such as ES350T limited run in 1998 and more recently on EBay a ES 5 in cherry with a whole raft of controls...fantastic.

Do Gibson announce these and how can I be made aware?

Also I,m waiting for the day they release a limited run of Howard Roberts oval hole guitars,,,should I hold me breath??

Thanks

Gibson makes exclusive runs for retailers like Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, and Sweetwater. These companies promote them via mail catalog, email, in store promotions, and guitar mags. The best way to stay in the loop about new products is to subscribe to your favorite retailer's newsletter. You can usually edit your preferences so you only hear about the stuff that you are interested in. Exclusive runs are usually a one shot deal, and the retailers try to liquidate the stock as quickly as possible. This means you have a narrow window to scrape together the capital if a model hits the shelves that you must have. If you miss the window, you can always look on ebay.

Hi Guys

Every now and then I some across some small batch run of really interesting guitars such as ES350T limited run in 1998 and more recently on EBay a ES 5 in cherry with a whole raft of controls...fantastic.

Do Gibson announce these and how can I be made aware?

Also I,m waiting for the day they release a limited run of Howard Roberts oval hole guitars,,,should I hold me breath??

Thanks

Now is your chance!! Click here...

Archived