Gibson Brands Forums

help settle an argument

pete c

a friend i jam with have had this long going argument, he had a marshall avt150 that has no output signal,i did change the tube. the board is fried. he went to a local new music shop to get it fixed,

they told him because he had the amp plugged into a peavey trans tube 4x12 cab.the ohms where matched on head and cab and if he didnt buy the marshall avt cab this will keep cooking his head.

i know what happened to it my studio took a lighting hit, i unplug all my gear when done playing, but he always said his power strip with no surge protection will protect it.

he ended giving me the cab for free because of this.

am i wrong thinking a cab is a cab as long as the ohms are good?

Guest FarnsBarns

am i wrong thinking a cab is a cab as long as the ohms are good?

No, you are right, as long as the impedance matches you are fine.

thank you i knew i was right. i even tried to show him in books they where wrong. this has been going on for three years now.i bet he still wont believe me. some people dont get it .

but hey ive been enjoying the cab for three years now.

i went in once to check them out i looked at every guitar,amp,drums. all made in china. and they where selling the counterfeit d'dario (spelling?)strings. i went out and got a real set and they told me mine where the fake ones.

the store is shr soundworks claremont nh

I'd recommend opening the cab up and looking at the speakers just to make sure that someone hasn't changed them and possibly changed the cabs original impedance.

But yes you are correct.

+1

I'd also recommend you stay away from that shop. Do name and shame them as well.

+1

Archived