Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!

BryanFoFyan

HNGD to me! I bought a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster about a month and a half ago and it finally arrived a few days ago! The sound was great but I quickly found that the bridge saddles would sink after just 1 song and the strings would go severely flat and buzz like crazy. This bridge issue i learned was common on the blacktop jazzmasters. This made it virtually unplayable to me. So today i brought it back and got one of these babies!!! [wub][love]

xehqw4.jpg

Thanks for the observations on the Jazzmaster. I was interested in that very model (black) but had concerns about the bridge and saddles after reading of that issue in many reviews. It very hard for me to understand why Fender would bother to introduce a model with such serious issues. Why should someone have to use Loctite on a guitar that cost $450.00?!? I know $450 is not especially expensive for a guitar these days but really? Congrats on getting a better guitar!

Thanks for the observations on the Jazzmaster. I was interested in that very model (black) but had concerns about the bridge and saddles after reading of that issue in many reviews. It very hard for me to understand why Fender would bother to introduce a model with such serious issues. Why should someone have to use Loctite on a guitar that cost $450.00?!? I know $450 is not especially expensive for a guitar these days but really? Congrats on getting a better guitar!

i had the same reaction i didnt want to start glueing stuff on a brand new guitar i just spent $450 (+hard shell case) on.

anyway id love a goldtop sg. its prob my fav finish along with 3 tone sun burst

Archived