Gibson Brands Forums

The wife says I have issues

bluzhammer

Some folks just don't appreciate power chords through a red hot tube at 8 a.m. Their reasoning escapes me.

Yup...............un bleepin' believable.................

Yeah, sometimes a wife (even a good one...lol) doesn't appreiate being awakened by us playing a guitar. Go figure!...........Actualy, I play at all hours of the day and night. I guess I do try to keep it down a bit, because she'll say something like "Hey, I've got to work in the morning." We've all heard these weak lamments. [thumbup]

Yup, if you're scaring ducks on the other side of the lake, you are too loud. Be a good neighbor and put on some headphones.

You're lucky you don't live in the some of the Chicargo burbs. Some have noise ordinances that prohibit ANY power tools on Saturday and Sunday after NOON!

No power blowers, weed eaters, mowers, tillers, mulchers, shredders, trimmers, saws (chain, circular or jig), drills, you name it. If it has a gas or electric motor, it's done at the stroke of 12. I even think any kind of building which begets hammering is verboten after Noon on Saturday. I guess I can sort of understand. I mean the cacophony of week-end warriors building yard barns, decks and whatever is pretty much constant on the weekend from sun-up to sun-down otherwise.

THAT is mostly why I don't live in the burbs. SO... they fire up the Black and Decker just before sun-up and go like a bat out of Hades until bean time. Then... they can fire up the grill for Johnsonville. (some 'burbs prohibit the use of lighter fluid. Some even prohibit charcoal) :rolleyes:

Yup, if you're scaring ducks on the other side of the lake, you are too loud. Be a good neighbor and put on some headphones.

You're lucky you don't live in the some of the Chicargo burbs. Some have noise ordinances that prohibit ANY power tools on Saturday and Sunday after NOON!

No power blowers, weed eaters, mowers, tillers, mulchers, shredders, trimmers, saws (chain, circular or jig), drills, you name it. If it has a gas or electric motor, it's done at the stroke of 12. I even think any kind of building which begets hammering is verboten after Noon on Saturday. I guess I can sort of understand. I mean the cacophony of week-end warriors building yard barns, decks and whatever is pretty much constant on the weekend from sun-up to sun-down otherwise.

THAT is mostly why I don't live in the burbs. SO... they fire up the Black and Decker just before sun-up and go like a bat out of Hades until bean time. Then... they can fire up the grill for Johnsonville. (some 'burbs prohibit the use of lighter fluid. Some even prohibit charcoal) :rolleyes:

I am being a good neighbor by driving the ducks to water, they are nothing more than feathered turd factories, that wadle about crapping as they go. Oh, and lets not forget the canada geese that nest around here. If I can't drive them away with amplified rock and roll, my 2 trusty Labs will gladly oblige when loosed.

I also work a night shift, and get home somewhere between 3:am and 5:am depending on my workload....I let the dogs out, turn on "The Weather Channel" check the forums, then warm up the Blackstar and partake is several hours of "stress therapy".

Thats why my wife sleeps wearing "comfort zone" soft ear-plugs, so I can crank up whenever I want (remember...she's my #1 enabler)

My neighbor to the west is a nearly deaf old man (my Dad), nobody to the South or East close enough to matter, to the north is an abandoned house my Aunt owns......yes, I have it good

I also work a night shift, and get home somewhere between 3:am and 5:am depending on my workload....I let the dogs out, turn on "The Weather Channel" check the forums, then warm up the Blackstar and partake is several hours of "stress therapy".

Thats why my wife sleeps wearing "comfort zone" soft ear-plugs, so I can crank up whenever I want (remember...she's my #1 enabler)

My neighbor to the west is a nearly deaf old man (my Dad), nobody to the South or East close enough to matter, to the north is an abandoned house my Aunt owns......yes, I have it good

It's great living down here in the South.[thumbup]

I am being a good neighbor by driving the ducks to water, they are nothing more than feathered turd factories, that wadle about crapping as they go. Oh, and lets not forget the canada geese that nest around here. If I can't drive them away with amplified rock and roll, my 2 trusty Labs will gladly oblige when loosed.

Good point. Geese, Ducks, Pigeons: Rats with wings.

My daddy told me once, we had geese when I was a kid, "I've never seen a goose yet that could cross a sidewalk without taking a dump."

It's not that I dislike them, it's just the mess they leave as they wander about doing what they do. The amplified guitar shoos them away momentarily, actually I think some of the ones that I can recognize from previous years are starting to become groupies[confused] The only thing that scurries them along are my 2 Labs ( Jake and Hoss ).

Archived