Gibson Brands Forums

The Fuzz Love Thread

Dub-T-123

Giantrobot - badass! I'm not even sure what transistors are in the fuzz factory. I know the original ones had some super rare transistors that supposedly sound really awesome though.

If you need any gutshots or anything you know who to ask.

I just recorded a 2 minute clip of some scary sounding fuzz factory noise. It sounds like youngling robots getting sawn in half by aliens over and over again. YEAH.

Yeah the originals have AC128s but any PNP will work. They just gotta be the same gain range. If found a set but they're in Europe and will take a month to get here.That sucks If you could send me a gut shot that would be awesome. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Fo sho. Everything is really tight so that you can fit a battery in there. I have some gutshots already and I'll see if they show the board well. I don't think they do. If not, tommorow I'll try to take some higher resolution pictures showing the board in detail.

You should see the guts in my ParaEq. They're crazy. And the Sound Shank has a really surprisingly simple circuit. It's literally probably like 10 components.

I want to make a momentary killswitch to put in front of my Fuzz Factory so I can set the FF for oscillation and use the stutter to kill my guitar so the oscillation comes through. I think that would sound sweet.

I believe those green pots are made by a company called Alpha.

I was surprised to see how complicated the EQ is. It's really neatly done though all of the solder joints are perfect etc. I'm trying to figure out what that red thing with the three switches is on the bottom right of the board. I think it's how you change it from 9v to 12v or something.

Oh sweet. I hadn't read the manual yet because I got it off TGP and it didn't have the box or manual. Dude you should have seen the velcro this guy had on it. It was space velcro or something. I've never seen anything like it. When I was ripping it off I was sure it would take the finish off because that glue was ****ing intense. It didn't though and I got all the sticky stuff off and re-velcro'd it. But anyways.. I was reading the manual on the Empress site and it looks pretty useful I'm gonna read it and master the ParaEq haha.

I've never seen anyone wire a bypass switch like Empress. Those Canucks are intense or somethin. It looks even gnarlier in reality. I really want a Super Delay but holy **** they're expensive. I though Zvex was expensive... The Empress Phaser looks really cool too.

Really? A negative? For what? bwahahaha you are hilarious

I gave you a +1 'cause you rock......I prefer overdrive, fulltone pedals, and distortion over fuzz......

When I need fuzz, I use settings via my Boss GT-10 and GT-08......I also prefer tubes being pushed hard......

Speaking of Empress and fuzz, what do you guys think of the Empress Multidrive?

This demo focuses on the OD part. I know this is the fuzz thread but I think the OD sounds good.

The Muff style fuzz isn't my favorite but I think this pedal sounds sweet.

Archived