Gibson Brands Forums

The best tuning

Rokkstar 2210

Ok guys...

now I make sure that my guitars (I've got a couple, then again who doesn't?) are always tuned to E-flat...which is because I play a lot of Punk Rock (Green Day, Simple Plan, Boys Like Girls). I have noticed though, that apart from standard and E-flat...Drop C n Drop D and also E# are widely preferred tuning styles.

So what are your preferred tuning styles? put 'em up

Open G is the non-standard one I play in the most lately. Take the sixth string off entirely and three dozen Rolling Stones classics just tumble out of the guitar! It's also fun for slide.

But I also spent a lot of rewarding time woodshedding Open D years ago on acoustic...

I am quite fond of standard tuning lol. Other than that, I frequently use Drop-D tuning, and I keep one of my Strats tuned to E flat just because it totally changes the strat's attitude ;) Every great once in a while, it is fun to tune a beater guitar in open G.....whip out the slide and just go blues-crazy!

I like open G & D, and open Dm for a bit of Skip James and John Fahey.

Anyone heard of the new standard, that crops up on the Gibson L&M iPhone tuner app? its CGDAEG - never heard of it before. What's with that?

That sounds nice....C 6/9

Or C major pentatonic

Might be derived from pedal-steel tuning which is sometimes 6 chord and sometimes 9 chord

V

:-({|=

Archived