Gibson Brands Forums

Jackson Browne

nid2007

I saw Jackson Browne last night. The show was phenomenal! In addition to great music, it is a traveling Gibson acoustic display: many Smecks, CF-100's, and one I had not seen before that looked to be a '46 LG-2. And there was another Bozeman model that I could not identify: It had all the plain features of a J-45, but had the AJ pickguard and binding on the fretboard.

And there was another Bozeman model that I could not identify: It had all the plain features of a J-45' date=' but had the AJ pickguard and binding on the fretboard[/color'].

Could it have been a natural AJ without the burst? I have seen a couple. Someone (not me) on the Acoustic Guitar Forum (AGF) has one for sale currently here: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135642

is this acoustic tour of his still going? i'd love to see it. i'll check if he's coming round here. thanks.

what are the distinguishing characteristics of a '46 lg-2?

Actually, it was full band. He has a new CD coming out next week and it was the kick-off concert of his fall tour. My '46 approximation for the LG-2 was based on script logo with no banner--and it looked to be "vintage", not a reissue. I was real close--close enough to see which songs I play correctly!

For Taylor Player: it looked like a sunburst AJ, but had J-45 plain fret markers and white button tuners. I could not tell if it was short scale or long. It pretty much looked like an SJ, but without the abalone blocks on the frets. I would have thought it was another Smeck, but it had none of the Smeck markings on the headstock. And it looked new.

For Taylor Player: it looked like a sunburst AJ' date=' but had J-45 plain fret markers and white button tuners. I could not tell if it was short scale or long. It pretty much looked like an SJ, but without the abalone blocks on the frets. I would have thought it was another Smeck, but it had none of the Smeck markings on the headstock. And it looked new.[/quote']

did it look like this? this is my smeck. i was told it was a prototype for a JB signature model. maybe he preferred the white button tuners to the gold that are mine.

4gibbys-3.jpg

did it look like this? this is my smeck. i was told it was a prototype for a JB signature model. maybe he preferred the white button tuners to the gold that are mine.

4gibbys-3.jpg

Looked just like that, but white button tuners and dots instead of the star markers.

Archived