Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J45 Measurements for CASE

Acousticologist

I've tried a couple times to get all the necessary measurements to get a high quality Case for touring.

There are so many things to measure, And I'm not convinced that I've got it all right.

Has anyone ordered a case for a current Gibson J-45 before??

Could I please see your measurements that you used,??

If I've got something wrong, I'm sure it will become apparent.

Would love to see what's tried and true...

I'm thinking Calton - Accord - BAM - Hoffee

Thanks heaps

It's kinda complicated

ACCORDCASE_GUITARclass.jpg

this looks good, but i would add 2 things. first, the angle of the headstock so it would be easy to put a wedge shaped support under there. also, the thickness at the saddle (from the back of the guitar to the top of the saddle). this is a major pressure point in many cases and should be as accurate as possible.

Have you called and spoken to anyone yet, I had Ameritage cases and a Calton case made a few years back for a J-45 and a Les Paul. I had started all the measurements and written it all out then I spoke to them and they said oh we have the measurements for both of those in house. In fact I was able to get a case for the Les Paul that was already completed.

All the measurements your showing in their order form are definitely needed on a custom built guitar or a classical one off but for a production model they probably have everything they need they had me confirm five measurements if I remember correctly.

Here is a J45 guitar case on Ebay just noticed and thought you might want to take a look .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-J45-Hard-Shell-Acoustic-Guitar-Case-BRAND-NEW-/320681361892?pt=Guitar_Accessories

Thanks for that. 'preciate it.

Though I've already got the standard case issued with the guitar - but I'm heading on tour in a few months and I'm going to be on and off of planes,trains and automobiles. And I'll only have one guitar with me, so was thinking of giving her the best protection I can.

I've heard that those boutique cases are unreal protection..

this looks good, but i would add 2 things. first, the angle of the headstock so it would be easy to put a wedge shaped support under there. also, the thickness at the saddle (from the back of the guitar to the top of the saddle). this is a major pressure point in many cases and should be as accurate as possible.

+1

Great insight by Modoc.

I replied to you on the AGF and Gruhn's has a new Calton Carbon Composite J-45 case that looks pretty sweet. Pricey though at $1175. The one over at Guitar Gallery seems to have sold. Fwiw I've flown with Hiscox cases without any problems. Their Artist Dread series case fits a J-45 nicely.

I replied to you on the AGF and Gruhn's has a new Calton Carbon Composite J-45 case that looks pretty sweet. Pricey though at $1175. The one over at Guitar Gallery seems to have sold. Fwiw I've flown with Hiscox cases without any problems. Their Artist Dread series case fits a J-45 nicely.

Thanks heaps for that....

I just checked gruhn

The case near that price was the les Paul case I think???

And I'm not sure if the dreadnoght case will fit a slope shoulder...

Does the 45 normally slip into the standard dreadnought case?

I just checked gruhn

I tried putting my Advanced Jumbo, basically same body shape as the J-45, into my Calton Dread case and it did fit but it was pretty tight and didn't feel comfortable having to push so hard to get it in. The Gibson has a wider lower bout than the Martin.

I just checked gruhn

Archived