Gibson Brands Forums

fake or real

Guest steelshoe

In the case you are serious, there are two finds of copies. Those made out of respect to the origional maker and buyer, and those meant to rob or steal from a maker or buyer.

Hmmmm.......Gibson has released Epiphone and Gibson RECREATIONS of Slash's Les Paul copy.....This is a good and rare example of Gibson

honoring a known fake...........

Haha, Someone on your side of the pond would say "ham" or "shire" at the end of fake to make it a town. I'm sure were Homer Simpson himself saying the same thing it'd be faketown or fakesville. Cultural Idiosyncrasies!

Do you get 'Blackadder'? It's full of these things.

Do you get 'Blackadder'? It's full of these things.

I'm a big fan of most british comedy especially Monty Python, but I can't say I'm too familliar with Blackadder. When I was a kid I thought John Cleese WAS Monty Python as if he was a person.

Also my future wife sucked me into watching Coronation Street and even though I count myself pretty British competent I cannot understand what they're saying on Corrie more than half the time.

Boy, those "02005..." serial numbers are seemingly notorious on fakes. A buddy of mine just asked me to give my thoughts on an alleged late '90s LP Custom. That one had a 02005560 serial number, one of many things wrong with it. Then I saw that a Custom for sale on eBay that had the same serial number was the subject of a discussion here about two years ago. Conclusion then: fake.

Guest steelshoe

Just curious.........how much was the asking price???[confused]

The asking price was $1,600 that was the first red flag. But all is good I purchased a 2000 LP Classic Cherry Burst with absolutly no scratches or buckle wear for $1,200

I'm surpassed no one pointed out the most obvious red flag. It has an F'ing rosewood fretboard! Les Paul Customs never have that. Well.... Except for the that special limited run with the 02005 serial numbers. Not many people no about them though. They're all customs shops and probably worth a sh!t ton now! I think they only made 500 or so.

I'm surpassed no one pointed out the most obvious red flag. It has an F'ing rosewood fretboard! Les Paul Customs never have that. Well.... Except for the that special limited run with the 02005 serial numbers. Not many people no about them though. They're all customs shops and probably worth a sh!t ton now! I think they only made 500 or so.

You mean that special run only available for the black market?

Archived