Gibson Brands Forums

It's Home AND fully Modded

Sinner 13

So I Brought it home Saturday, and of course first thing first, I proceeded to rip all the cheap Chinese guts out.

then filled it with a Duncan Phat Cat in the neck R.I. PAF in the bridge 500k pots with Orange drops.

got rid of the "reflector" knobs, and opted for two sets of flat top Tele Knob of slightly different diameter, to delineate the vol and tone.

and sice the rule is "No pics, didn't happen"

here ya go.

Sorry About the crappy phone pics coudn't find my good camera.WP_000039.jpgWP_000038.jpg

Looking at this.

Why donesn't Gibson do a limited version of this with binding and inlays etc. It'd outsell the Fire**** x by bucket loads.

Looking at this.

Why doesn't Gibson do a limited version of this with binding and inlays etc. It'd outsell the Fire**** x by bucket loads.

Because Gibson is a very changing company, they always experiment with new things with guitar and etc. I dont blame them, if they never did that then the Les Paul,SG or any of the guitars we love would exist.

Yeah...hence the reason it's in quotes.....

And, Dub the bridge pup was $179

The neck pup was $79

And sadly no, it's Chinese......msp_unsure.gif

I was talking about the custom shop wilshires that were MIA. Like the one retro has. I know this model is Chinese.

Because Gibson is a very changing company, they always experiment with new things with guitar and etc. I dont blame them, if they never did that then the Les Paul,SG or any of the guitars we love would exist.

I say it because it'd sell. The firebird x has it's place. But if they can do 50 different les Pauls they could do a custom shop run of say 500 of these. Slightly thicker body with binding. It'd be nice. Good access to top end. They could do it with p90's. A bit of 'Strat' competition then.

Archived