Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone BB King Lucille????

10drum

Greeting,

I just picked up an Epiphone Lucille. One of the pick-ups don't work and I need a current schematic. Does anyone know where to find one?

There is no serial number on the guitar. Korean? Tiawan? Japan? I don't know. It came in a nice Gibson USA case with the pink lining and satin cover. The neck is good and the hardware is fair. I'm sure I can get the set-up good, so it will probably be a good player.

Thanks for all replies.

Greeting,

I just picked up an Epiphone Lucille. One of the pick-ups don't work and I need a current schematic. Does anyone know where to find one?

Congrats on the guitar! I'm sure you'll get everything right.

Sorry, don't have that particular diagram.

Have you checked the DIY at the top of the Epi Lounge?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/91-epiphone-lounge/

Lots of links, including guitarelectronics and several custom diagram sites.

Willy

HNGD on the Lucille, I was considering one of them when I started my collection but it was too big to be comfortable for me, as Willy mentioned, the DIY thread should sort you out re: wiring.

Greeting,

There is no serial number on the guitar. Korean? Tiawan? Japan? I don't know. It came in a nice Gibson USA case with the pink lining and satin cover. The neck is good and the hardware is fair. I'm sure I can get the set-up good, so it will probably be a good player.

Thanks for all replies.

Unless they've changed, the wiring of an Epi is totally different than a Gibby Lucille. You do not want to mess around with the wiring. Especially the circuit board and the 2 jacks. I had problems with mine and ended up designing a new circuit to simplify it. Here's how mine looked after the mod...

rewire.jpg

My advise is to test the pots, switch, pickup connection with your volt meter and find the problem if possible. If it's a bad connection, fix it. Do not remove the circuit board, the wiring is delicate (I used much heavier wiring), and if a wire breaks off, you'll have a tough time figuring out where it goes. If the problem isn't obvious, have it checked out by an official Epi tech. Good luck...

Jerry, You are right I do not want to mess with the wiring, but something is not right and I will fix it. I've been an electronic technician for 33 years and have learned that a schematic is the quickest easiest way to find and repair problems. The Gibson drawing is not like this epiphone, the gibson shows an 8 position switch, this one has a 6 position, and I'm not sure what the purpose of the potted transformers are for. Thanks for the replies.

Unless they've changed, the wiring of an Epi is totally different than a Gibby Lucille. You do not want to mess around with the wiring. Especially the circuit board and the 2 jacks. I had problems with mine and ended up designing a new circuit to simplify it. Here's how mine looked after the mod...

rewire.jpg

My advise is to test the pots, switch, pickup connection with your volt meter and find the problem if possible. If it's a bad connection, fix it. Do not remove the circuit board, the wiring is delicate (I used much heavier wiring), and if a wire breaks off, you'll have a tough time figuring out where it goes. If the problem isn't obvious, have it checked out by an official Epi tech. Good luck...

Wow...learn something everyday! I didn't know that...obviously. I've seen the Epi versions, but own

the Gibson. So, I'd never seen inside the Epiphone. Thanks, for pointing that out! ;>)

CB

Archived