Gibson Brands Forums

1954 L-5N

Blaster

Here are a few pics of a 1954 L-5N that I acquired several years back. It's in very clean condition. It's got a nice easy feel to it, very full neck contour makes it comfortable to play, always a fun guitar. If you a Gibson archtop post a picture here.

normal_DSC00762.JPG

normal_DSC00767.JPG

normal_DSC00763.JPG

Amazing piece of history there. One of the best models of guitar ever made with some of the most beautiful wood ever seen.

I have not seen birdseye like that on a old Gibby before, not like that. How does it hold up? And what does it sound like?

Amazing piece of history there. One of the best models of guitar ever made with some of the most beautiful wood ever seen.

I have not seen birdseye like that on a old Gibby before, not like that. How does it hold up? And what does it sound like?

I've got an L-7N with the same birdseye maple also. The L-5N has held up well, very light play wear on fretboard and bonding, no wear on neck. It's got the classic Gibson L-5 tone, I like it better acoustically, although I do have one of the DeArmond 1000 series pickups. which makes it honk.

I've got an L-7N with the same birdseye maple also. The L-5N has held up well, very light play wear on fretboard and bonding, no wear on neck. It's got the classic Gibson L-5 tone, I like it better acoustically, although I do have one of the DeArmond 1000 series pickups. which makes it honk.

Now you realize we are going to want pics of this L-7N, right?

Now you realize we are going to want pics of this L-7N, right?

I'll take some pics of the L-7N for comparison; I'l pretty sure it's a 1949. It's also in NM condition

Here are a few more of the L-5N"

normal_DSC00758.JPG

normal_DSC00759.JPG

normal_DSC00756.JPG

normal_DSC00757.JPG

Archived