Gibson Brands Forums

Charvel 375 Deluxe, replacement pickups?

Larsson

Hey guys,

ive been loving the feel of my 375 Deluxe since i brought it back from Sweden last summer but the pickups arnt really doing it for me.

the bridge pickup, a j90c, is so much more powerful than the neck js100, same as the middle position but i just dont use that one.

so i was looking at putting some dimarzio pickups in there instead, replaceing both the bridge and neck and just cutting out the middle.

i want a set of pickups which match each other in terms of output because i like flicking to the neck for solo's etc rather than using the bridge. i have looked at the air norton s and it have some nice specs and from what ive heard sounds rather nice, not to sure on the bridge.

i also have the issue as to whether the pickups will fit in the guitar, im unsure of whether it is a 'F' spaceing in the bridge and the single coils i have seen have a little bit which sticks out the bottom but it has that then it wouldent fit in the neck of my charvel as it is a real tight fit for the current pickup. here a picture about the single coil being a tight pit(hope you guys can see)

IMG_3037.jpg

i was wondering if you guys could help me out here in terms of what pickup combo i could look at, i play rock and some metal but like the blues as well.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Larsson

You don't need new pickups, just a screwdriver. I totally bet the pickup heights are off. That makes a giant difference in balancing the output. Adjust that, then give it a week or two of playing a ton before you go and buy new pickups.

Archived