Gibson Brands Forums

Build your own pedal kit?

dem00n

buildyourownclone.com

they're about twice as expensive as just getting the parts the normal way but they come with everything you need and they make it easier for you.

They have instructions as well as a good forum for help

buildyourownclone.com

they're about twice as expensive as just getting the parts the normal way but they come with everything you need and they make it easier for you.

They have instructions as well as a good forum for help

Nice, i think ill go with the chorus since i need one. [biggrin]

Well I haven't built any pedals so it's not like I REALLY know but just from opening up a bunch of pedals and looking inside, dirt pedals are definately the most simple.

So like I said above I'd recommend a Muff or Rat for you because you would definately dig them. But don't take what I say as the definitive answer or anything. Do what you want :)

by the way tube screamers are super complicated for dirt.

A chorus seems like a pretty complicated pedal for a first build but if you think you're up to it..

+1. Delays and Chorus pedals usually have a higher part count(and internal tweaking that can be a pain) than dirt/fuzz pedals. The good ol' Fuzz Face or SHO are probably the easiest to build. I've built a few Big Muffs, and they're not too hard. BYOC is definately the way to go for the first build since it comes with everything you need. Plus they sound killer!!

Be warned though-once you build the first pedal...... [biggrin]

http://buildyourownclone.com/beaver.html

check it out if you haven't already. What do you think?

I don't want to just say you should do something. Do what you want! The Muff just has that thick, heavy stoner metal sound that's totally awesome (whether the demo shows it or not). That's why I thought you'd like it. The mids switch is nice. My Supa Tone has a similar switch and it's the best thing to ever happen to the muff.

Guest FarnsBarns

Alright, i think ill go for the muff then.

[lol]

Does muff not mean the same in the US as it does over here.

It means the same thing. Most of us have just gotten over it by now.

Dem00n I had an EQD Hoof which is a green muff clone. It was pretty sweet. It seemed darker an more overdrive-ish than your average muff. I like my Supa Tone way better.

You can get a Devi kit for 25 bones. Each kits has a choice of four different pedals you can make. Its a good starting point fo sho and you get sinister sounds

I was looking at that, but dont you need to buy your own box and pots and etc?

Yeah. The ones from Mammoth Electronics come with everything and they will even paint the box for you for like 3 dollars extra. check out the site bro

Those are pretty nice but i like the buildyourownclone ones more.

Might buy the OCD from them though.

All the links you need are in my signature...

Tonepad has all the schematics and diagrams, you can even purchase pre-etched PCBs

Triode Store has all the case needs you could possible require

Smallbear is a good online source for electronic components, but if you have a electronics shop near your house its probably cheaper.

Archived