Gibson Brands Forums

interesting guitar design #7

onewilyfool

I don't know if any of you have played guitars with bevels.....but they ARE comfortable , on the back of the guitar where the lower bout digs into your chest, and on the Bass side lower bout where the upper arm rests as shown in this pic. This one also has the interesting design feature of having small holes in the bevel that act as kind of a sound port, allowing some sound feedback to the player.....I think it looks beautiful too...Kevin Ryan is the builder..enjoy

BevelFlutesRosette-200.jpg

Before I built my first guitar(just completed) I browsed hundreds of pics of customs and such for "inpsiration". That photo was one that I looked at long and hard as I think it's just beautiful. I was gonna incorporate something similar with mine but decided against it as I don't believe a dread really needs sound ports.

But man, it sure is purty work.

Before I built my first guitar(just completed) I browsed hundreds of pics of customs and such for "inpsiration". That photo was one that I looked at long and hard as I think it's just beautiful. I was gonna incorporate something similar with mine but decided against it as I don't believe a dread really needs sound ports.

Whew, until I got to the end of your post, I thought you were contemplating building one with a pre-installed cat![biggrin]

Archived