Gibson Brands Forums

Got my Atlas stand

Tim Plains

I checked out Atlas's site. Some really nice looking furniture for your amp. There's even one which appears to be made of pressure treated lumber, suitable for using and leaving outside on the deck. Now that there is good old American ingenuity.

No Atlas Stand is made of pressure treated wood, but if you wanted to leave your amp out in the rain I'll hook you up with an amp stand that will hold it. what do wet amplifiers weight these days?

You're probably looking at the poplar model.

Atlas only uses hardwoods, unless requested by someone who is clueless to use home depot lumber. I strongly recommend against all softwoods for amp stands; I recommend using tone woods for the best sounding amplifier stands.

Best,

Josh

Someone had excised this pic from ChanMan's OP in another thread:

230655_163093937087481_155497294513812_412132_7915492_n.jpg

Must be the lighting, or my screen. It appears to have that greenish wolmanized, southern yellow pine, deck lumber look to it. The other shots don't have that greenish cast. Gawd awful fluorescent lighting will do that.

Definitely I wouldn't leave my amp outside, but neither would I take my guit tar playing chair outside if I had a weather resistant chair on the deck.--- and it's one less piece of equipment to schlep from my music room to the deck, or back yard.

yeah, I have some really crappy light in my shop, my apologies there. the outdoor thing is a great idea for outdoor theaters and such. My next task is to learn how to take a decent photo.

Here,s a pic from the Blue Plum Festival two days ago, it looks green too. light do some crazy stuff.

BluePlum127.jpg

Archived