Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Les Paul Double Cut

dmraco

Had to have one...love it. Guitar looks, sounds and feels better than most Gibsons I have played. One small flaw in the finish (third photo) not sure if I should make a big deal of it. Hard to see but the color is their TV yellow, like a trans yellow you can see the grain thru.

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

Real nice looking LP DC. Congrats. B)

Isn't that a Les Paul Faded Double Cut?

If so, it's supposed to have that well-played look of Gibson's "worn" finishes. Regarding that blemish, if the guitar is plays and sounds great, I wouldn't worry about it. But that's me. If I bothers you enough, you might want to look into an exchange.

No it is the gloss finish...I looked for a good faded but most of those have been beat to hell and back...or at least look like it. The finish really wears. I would not mind pick one of those up too. If only my money tree would start producing!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

That "finish flaw" looks like residue, from a wall-hanger.

I'd bet, you can polish, and/or buff it out.

CB

Dunno CB, could be but my first thought was that the paint on the head stock got smeared.

NIce Double Cut. I have one that looks just like yours except mine has a little more age on it.

I thought like CB, that this was a hanging issue and the finish had been attacked by the rubber on the hanger. It is really not too offensive and if everything else is good, I don't think I would worry about it. Will help you identify your guitar in a line up.

Archived