Gibson Brands Forums

So I went to CME...

Silenced Fred

I spent like two and a half hours playing on a jazzmaster AVRi into a Vox Bruno amp, with a DL4 in between. Best kind of sandwich ever [thumbup]

The Bruno amp was really cool, they have it here and I really liked it. It has a master volume bypass switch, so you can use it with or without it, it had a decent amount of gain if you used the master volume, and it was very responsive.

I love the Jazzmaster and the DL4 is just tons of fun, especially with the loop and the reverse

Just saying, this amp was teh seks

Never heard of the Bruno. Master volume bypass? That's awesome! I never thought of that.

So what'd you think of the AVRi? Worth the extra scratch?

It was sweet 35 watts, and it sounds great. Its got some sweet little switches on it that I didn't mess with, but it should sound awesome with that. I really loved it for that, I mean you could have it loud and clean if you want, then switch it to single volume for a real man's amp

Def gotta go with the AVRi. The only thing that bugged me was that the volume knob went from full blast to almost nothing when I had it set at like 7. They didn't have any others for me to compare it to, but the CP didn't have that problem. However, the sound and feel was way better. The CP weighs like a pound and a half, not for me

That's a super annoying problem. At least it's a pretty easy/cheap fix. How are the pickups?

Oh yeah, the DL4s are awesome too. Ever since I saw the Greenhornes I've been GASin for one. I think giantrobot has one.

Yeah, just the pot. Not sure if its all of the AVRis or just that one, I couldn't compare. The pickups sounded pretty good, I love the tone switch, its like having three different pickups really.

I played with one for the first time today, and I was impressed. I think I'm gonna look for one on Craigslist or eBay cheap, then send it to drasp for his mods, mainly the new switches and if something else catches my eye.

GiantRobOT just sold his [crying]

Yup the DL4 is gone. I liked everything the DL4 did except the delay. All weird stuff was cool. Like the filter delay and the volume swell thingy. Im still on the hunt

Just sayin, I'm no snob, if it sounds halfway decent, i like it. If it makes the sound delayed, I dig it. Plus I have the Carbon Copy as well, those two together would make babies...

Just sayin, I'm no snob, if it sounds halfway decent, i like it. If it makes the sound delayed, I dig it. Plus I have the Carbon Copy as well, those two together would make babies...

The CC and DL4 would be a good combo. CC for regular spacey stuff and DL4 for weird audio mind twisting and whatnot

The CC and DL4 would be a good combo. CC for regular spacey stuff and DL4 for weird audio mind twisting and whatnot

definitely, the reverse made me freak out, never got to play with that before. The guy kept trying to sell me the Empress Delay that is supposed to do what the DL4 does in a box like a quarter of the size, but like three times the price... **** that

Yup the DL4 is gone. I liked everything the DL4 did except the delay. All weird stuff was cool. Like the filter delay and the volume swell thingy. Im still on the hunt

that's exactly why I sold my SMMH. There were some other things that bugged me about it too.

About the Super Delay and DL4.. Does the DL4 do the 2 octave up reverse delay like the empress? That's like the coolest effect I've heard on the Super Delay.

Edit: this

ahhhhhhhhh

Archived