Gibson Brands Forums

really annoyed

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

I'm annoyed because I started an innocuous thread about my mother in law's astonishing new cat in the epiphone lounge (forgot I was there actually, meant to post it here).

Some idiot used an old trick to get round the auto censor and post profanities. I reacted by telling him it was against the rules and he should stop it. I also reported his post.

He argued that they were only words and I should get over it. I pointed out that as he had used bbcode to post his profanity, if he continued the admins would likely disable bbcode and he would have ruined a good thing for everyone by being the one Pratt.

The whole thread got pulled with no word or warning to me.

That's what you get for being a good forum user!

Harumph!

The thread isnt located in Area51 [confused] ....

Area51 being an archive of deleted threads?

No idea why. [confused]

**** happens.

I agree with the sentiment, it's hardly the end of the world. Someone makes it happen though!

Did you use the "report post" function? We can always unapprove a post within any thread so that it is not visible to the public.

Yep!

It was deleted for whatever reason.... Normal protocol for us mods is to move threads into Area51 for Admin Review, unless an Admin decided to nuke it, or it was accidentally nuked by another mod.

Just start a new thread on the same subject matter

I was in a conference call this morning and we were informed our program will be under review because a couple people completely lied about doing their work, which is logged on a website. Not only lied but even did fake reviews of their own fake work.

If only they had actually used all that wasted energy Faking and put it into working we wouldn't have to change policies and the likes.

Moral of the story; a few bad apples should be drug out into the street and shot (those are Garfield's words, not mine, except the apples part that was mine.)

...Just start a new thread on the same subject matter

And, Farns, post it here where it rightfully belongs....

BTW; aren't there three 'R's (not to mention several more exclamation marks) in 'Harrrumph!!!!!!!!'...?)

P.

Archived