Gibson Brands Forums

Wildkat "LTD"?

samcham

I'm going to pull the trigger on a Wildkat this weekend. Musician's Friend lists a Wildkat Ltd for $499, while zZounds, SameDay and American Musical Supply have a Wildkat (no "Ltd" mentioned) for $349. I e-mailed Musician's Friend, and their reply was, "LTD means limited."

What's the difference between these models to account for a $150 difference?

I'm going to pull the trigger on a Wildkat this weekend. Musician's Friend lists a Wildkat Ltd for $499, while zZounds, SameDay and American Musical Supply have a Wildkat (no "Ltd" mentioned) for $349. I e-mailed Musician's Friend, and their reply was, "LTD means limited."

What's the difference between these models to account for a $150 difference?

i just bought a Trans Orange Wildkat through Sweetwater for $399. It was "Limited" because of the color, but otherwise it's the same guitar. MF and GC just raised their price to $499, but SW still has them listed at $399, although out of stock at the moment, but I'd bet if you ordered one, they'll honor the lower price. Mine arrived at SW about 3-4 days after I ordered it from them.

On another note, it's a killer guitar for the money!! [thumbup]

Edit: Here's a link to the thread I started, asking basically the same question.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/69233-limited-edition-wildkat-orange/

• 1 month later...

I know, this topic is a little bit older, but I thought to answer....

Indeed, the LTD means limited because of the color, you´re right. I ordered my ltd sunrise orange from England, because it was hard to find the orange one around Germany.

I love that guitarj....the look and the sound and....everything on it.

IMG_6775.jpg

I know, this topic is a little bit older, but I thought to answer....

Indeed, the LTD means limited because of the color, you´re right. I ordered my ltd sunrise orange from England, because it was hard to find the orange one around Germany.

I love that guitarj....the look and the sound and....everything on it.

IMG_6775.jpg

Thanks. I ended up finding a Wildkat on eBay in transparent black for $400.00, including the case. It's in great condition, but could use a roller bridge and a new nut to get rid of some tuning instability problems. And I wish the pickups had a little bit more bite.

I get lots of compliments on it, and people come up to ask me what it is because it's not obvious that it's an Epiphone from a distance.

Thanks. I ended up finding a Wildkat on eBay in transparent black for $400.00, including the case. It's in great condition, but could use a roller bridge and a new nut to get rid of some tuning instability problems. And I wish the pickups had a little bit more bite.

I get lots of compliments on it, and people come up to ask me what it is because it's not obvious that it's an Epiphone from a distance.

Rather than change your pickups can I recommend you get yourself a good analogue delay pedal and set it up for 'slap back' echo (repeat set very low for just one repeat; delay a smidge up from that; and then mix a little higher still). Trust me, a slap back echo effect will bring your 'kat to life, especially if you use it with a valve amp. My MXR Carbon Copy utilises genuine bucket brigade circuitry and offers very high quality repeats/delays. There other very good ones too but the Carboy Copy is well priced.

What about a nice picture of your Kat? We like pics here....[rolleyes]

Is that the one i saw on eBay uk the other day [biggrin] nice! I like the trans' black

No. I bought mine off eBay (US) in July. I was actually torn between the Wildkat (because of the features) and the Alleykat (because of the transparent black). So, this one was the best of both worlds for me.

On a related note, has anyone replaced the Tune-o-Matic with a roller bridge? Which one?

Archived