Gibson Brands Forums

Proud of myself

This is the first GC holiday sale that I can remember where I didn't stop in to check out the sales. I rarely find any killer deals but have on occasion picked up some things at decent pricing. I did think about going everyday over the 3 day weekend but instead played my Clapton through my new VOX ac15 and the urge to get more gear slowly subsided.........................for awhile.eusa_doh.gif

With those guitars in yer picture, I'd be pretty hard pressed to find anything I'd need too.

I went, just to have a look around, see what's on The List. That's about the only time I go there anymore. As usual, nothing I was interested in.

Our GC seems...weird. Keys are down to just a few, buncha PA cabs in the middle area of the keys. Recording is constantly shrinking and DJ expanding into it. Used stuff at prices only a ruh tarde would pay is getting bigger every List sale. And guitars, well, more squier, more epiphone, more mexican fenders all the time, less ordinary Yankee things.

Reminds me of Mars about two years before they tanked.

rct

Yeah well I wasn't as disciplined as you. But I only spent like $80 and my wife was thankful for that!

RCT same here in SC, they were down to only 3 Gibson LP's and used gear was priced at a premium and then some. Hell the used price was like 75-80% of new price on several items.

Yeah well I wasn't as disciplined as you. But I only spent like $80 and my wife was thankful for that!

RCT same here in SC, they were down to only 3 Gibson LP's and used gear was priced at a premium and then some. Hell the used price was like 75-80% of new price on several items.

Dude some of our used stuff is absolute garbage, I don't know how they even put the tag on it, I'd quit if I had to do that. Just stupid. I pity the kids, they can't even buy second hand American guitars, you can get four, five crappy imports for the price of one second hand Les Paul? You gotta be kidding me.

And by crappy imports I mean no harm to anyone that loves them guitars, have at it if its yer thing.

rct

I went, just to have a look around, see what's on The List. That's about the only time I go there anymore. As usual, nothing I was interested in.

Our GC seems...weird. Keys are down to just a few, buncha PA cabs in the middle area of the keys. Recording is constantly shrinking and DJ expanding into it. Used stuff at prices only a ruh tarde would pay is getting bigger every List sale. And guitars, well, more squier, more epiphone, more mexican fenders all the time, less ordinary Yankee things.

Reminds me of Mars about two years before they tanked.

rct

Yeah it's very true. It's the same stuff every time I'm in there and only about 5% high end equipment. Just take a look at there used guitars online and you see that everyone of the gibsons, usa fenders, etc have gone up $300 to $500

Yeah it's very true. It's the same stuff every time I'm in there and only about 5% high end equipment. Just take a look at there used guitars online and you see that everyone of the gibsons, usa fenders, etc have gone up $300 to $500

True, and I don't want to start an argument with you or anyone else, but I don't consider Yankee Strats, Teles, Ps & Js, Les Pauls and SGs, any stuff with actual paint on it, "high end". I don't know how we got to the point that plain old junky fenders and gibsons, and I've been calling them that since before Paul made his art pieces, got to be "high end". Same crap I've been playing for forty years now, getting harder and harder to get a hold of? Weird.

Seriously reminds me of Mars, and they were headed in a bad direction when the store(s) looked like our local GC does. Sad.

I'm probably just grouchy. I have enough guitars and I certainly don't need any, but it is always nice to run into something you'd take home with you if you weren't married.

rct

This is the first GC holiday sale that I can remember where I didn't stop in to check out the sales. I rarely find any killer deals but have on occasion picked up some things at decent pricing. I did think about going everyday over the 3 day weekend but instead played my Clapton through my new VOX ac15 and the urge to get more gear slowly subsided.........................for awhile.eusa_doh.gif

Hmmm.......Perhaps age is setting in as opposed to not having GAS ?????

Stay tuned Cookieman......I bought an Ash Tele, brand new from G.C. this weekend.......

My gal picked it up for me.......Wait till you see the picks of it......It is going back.......

Trust me, you are all going to howl at what they allowed to leave the Fender MIM factory........

Pics tomorrow.........................It's a WTF guitar.....From Fender, sold by G.C.

Hmmm.......Perhaps age is setting in as opposed to not having GAS ?????

Stay tuned Cookieman......I bought an Ash Tele, brand new from G.C. this weekend.......

My gal picked it up for me.......Wait till you see the picks of it......It is going back.......

Trust me, you are all going to howl at what they allowed to leave the Fender MIM factory........

Pics tomorrow.........................It's a WTF guitar.....From Fender, sold by G.C.

I've looked at the same ash tele GC exclusive for about...year and a half now, natural with a sorta red/tortoise guard, 399 ON SALE!!! every time I'm in there. It's just ok, nothing fabulously good about it, while nothing fabulously bad about it. I'd guess you bought one of these and its a clunker?

rct

I've looked at the same ash tele GC exclusive for about...year and a half now, natural with a sorta red/tortoise guard, 399 ON SALE!!! every time I'm in there. It's just ok, nothing fabulously good about it, while nothing fabulously bad about it. I'd guess you bought one of these and its a clunker?

rct

I'm house bound...so my gal does the shopping...I can't post pics 'till she picks up a new SD card....My Ash Tele is beautiful

in the front......Some factory guy beautifuly center seamed two pieces of ash......Yet, on the back where the holes are for the

string though inserts, the machine ' missed ' and scrapped across the wood; There are wavy worm looking gouge tracks..

Rather than use dyed wood filler to fix the error, they simply poly coated the worm like tracks....It's not bad, but, it should

have never left the factory.....I'll let you guys look over the pics.....I want it replaced.....I didn't pay for a factory reject......

So, this will be an experiment in G.C. doing the right thing as far as customer service goes......I want it replaced...

I didn't NEED another Tele, but, it was time for another guitar.........Pics up this evening.....

Archived