Gibson Brands Forums

Dying Fuzz Face

bluesguitar65

Dying batteries are the best! Awesome man

Whenever I use a fuzz face, whatever I play sounds like a Hendrix song no matter what [confused]

Glad you like it Fred!! Thought of you when I was putting the video together. Now....where can I get one of those Jensen T-Shirts? :P

Very cool. I really liked the part just before rust never sleeps.

Ever tried a Fuzz Factory? It's based on the Fuzz Face and has a knob to starve the power. It's personally my favorite fuzz.

Nope, but would certainly try it out if my local GC has one. I'm into fuzz pedals at the moment and exploring different pedals. I read that Electro Harmonix came out with the Germanium Muff with a low voltage control.

Glad you like it Fred!! Thought of you when I was putting the video together. Now....where can I get one of those Jensen T-Shirts? :P

amplifiedparts.com but i also believe that amazon has em

its like 8 bucks from amplifiedparts though, get an order of 50 bucks and you get free shipping. The patch cables they have work well and are cheap and they have tons of cool stuff

amplifiedparts.com but i also believe that amazon has em

its like 8 bucks from amplifiedparts though, get an order of 50 bucks and you get free shipping. The patch cables they have work well and are cheap and they have tons of cool stuff

Thanks!! FYI MF has some EH shirts and one that says Big Muff. They are like $14.

DV016_Jpg_Large_411021_white-red_front.jpg

Nope, but would certainly try it out if my local GC has one. I'm into fuzz pedals at the moment and exploring different pedals. I read that Electro Harmonix came out with the Germanium Muff with a low voltage control.

Yeah GC should have them. They carry the vexter and vextron series of zvex pedals. Your first impression of it might not be too great though. It kinda takes some getting used to. It's not exactly straight forward to use.

Check out the Zvex Mastotron too.

The germanium muff is pretty lame IMO. It seems to me that it was just a gimmick to get people to hear the word germanium and think it's instantly great because of that. Check out the BYOC Large Beaver if you're looking for a classic sounding muff. It sounds much better than anything EHX is currently putting out IMO. Skreddy and Stomp Under Foot both have a really good reputation for making nice classic muffs too. I have a Skreddy and it rules! Stompunderfoot apparently makes some amazing David Gilmour muff.

Archived