Gibson Brands Forums

Google+

Guest Farnsbarns

I have Google+ invites if any one is after one.

I gave away my Google+ invites via my Facebook it was great simply typed in my status change "Helping Google destroy Facebook...Want in? Shoot me your email for an invite!"

Guest farnsbarns

what evern is google+

It's a bit like face book only with a clever take on managing who sees what. It's being Beta tested and you need an invite to join. I don't use face book, here's why...

Y2tyA.jpg

Guest farnsbarns

I missed out on an invite. If you still got one I'd be glad to have it. msp_biggrin.gif

PM me an email address

A couple people have sent me invites, I have yet to receive them though. The first guy who sent me an invite, apparently his took a week to get through.

Same if you want me to try again for you.

The big thing about google+ is that it's social networking without all the stupid apps and games facebook has.

As well, there are "circles" you create that allow you to filter who sees what posts, pictures etc. So you could have a family circle for most things, but a friends circle for embarrassing party photos, etc.

The big thing about google+ is that it's social networking without all the stupid apps and games facebook has.

As well, there are "circles" you create that allow you to filter who sees what posts, pictures etc. So you could have a family circle for most things, but a friends circle for embarrassing party photos, etc.

Hahaha, making it less likely to get fired over that picture of you doing body shots off the bosses daughter!

If farns runs outta invites and you want one feel free to pm me your email.

Hahaha, making it less likely to get fired over that picture of you doing body shots off the bosses daughter!

If farns runs outta invites and you want one feel free to pm me your email.

Oh, I do this tech stuff all day, I can invite people if need be also. Cheers though!

You can limit who sees what on FB. Surprisingly, most of the tweens to 30 somethings seldom have these set. Out of curiousity, I check those who make comments on my nephews' FB threads. All but 2 out of a hundred allow even me to peruse their bawdy pics and anti-establishmentarianism rants and they don't know me from Adam. And they say they value their 'privacy'[sneaky]

BTW, if you or a relative or friend is looking for work, makes sure they sanitize their FB, MS, G+ accounts. This is about the first place they look to check an applicant's background.

Guest farnsbarns

You can limit who sees what on FB. Surprisingly, most of the tweens to 30 somethings seldom have these set. Out of curiousity, I check those who make comments on my nephews' FB threads. All but 2 out of a hundred allow even me to peruse their bawdy pics and anti-establishmentarianism rants and they don't know me from Adam. And they say they value their 'privacy'[sneaky]

BTW, if you or a relative or friend is looking for work, makes sure they sanitize their FB, MS, G+ accounts. This is about the first place they look to check an applicant's background.

That's what I like about G+ no one othervthan those you have chosen can see any of your stuff except your public profile which clearly you either leave blank (as I have) or very vague. You can even prevent your profile from being spidered by search engines so no one will even know you're on G+ if you don't want. They've listened to the FB concerns and really concentrated on illiminating them.

Hey farns, how are you sending your invites? The invite button doesn't work for me. It wont send. I had to put a post on my stream where the only person that could see it was the email address of the person I was inviting. Anyway, if anyone else needs an invite I'm sending them out to. If you do it the way I am then you can invite an unlimited number of people.

Guest farnsbarns

Hey farns, how are you sending your invites? The invite button doesn't work for me. It wont send. I had to put a post on my stream where the only person that could see it was the email address of the person I was inviting. Anyway, if anyone else needs an invite I'm sending them out to. If you do it the way I am then you can invite an unlimited number of people.

I'm not sure that that invites them. I believe they just recieve an email with your post in it.

That's what I like about G+ no one othervthan those you have chosen can see any of your stuff except your public profile which clearly you either leave blank (as I have) or very vague. You can even prevent your profile from being spidered by search engines so no one will even know you're on G+ if you don't want. They've listened to the FB concerns and really concentrated on illiminating them.

Yeah, good luck with that. While begun with all the nice and private intents, the here-to-fore social network sites gravitate towards very liberal rules about who can see what. I'd check on the settings from time to time. Even my preferred FB has gotten a bit big for it's breeches from time to time.

Remember these sites exist for one reason and one reason only: money. Even though I THINK my account is locked down, super duper private, I still get those margin ads tailored to my hobbies, interests and yes, topics of private texting discussions... at least I thought they were private. [cursing]

Guest farnsbarns

Yeah, good luck with that. While begun with all the nice and private intents, the here-to-fore social network sites gravitate towards very liberal rules about who can see what. I'd check on the settings from time to time. Even my preferred FB has gotten a bit big for it's breeches from time to time.

Remember these sites exist for one reason and one reason only: money. Even though I THINK my account is locked down, super duper private, I still get those margin ads tailored to my hobbies, interests and yes, topics of private texting discussions... at least I thought they were private. [cursing]

It's pretty simple, this rule applies to nearly everthing (I read this saying recently, may have been on here, may have been M that said it)

If you are receiving a service and it's free you are not the customer, you are the product being sold.

The only conversation that is private in this age is one made face to face. Even your phone calls are electronicly monitored for keywords that are of interest.

Archived