Gibson Brands Forums

John Williams and Julian Bream

jaxson50

Two of the greats playing together; what more could we ask for!

Thanks for posting, Jaxson.

When I want to relax;

I have to admit that I have to be in the right mood for De Falla; nor do I find many of his works 'relaxing' per se; there's almost always something unexpected going on. I feel he always needs to be listened to rather than my just letting it wash over me as I can do - even with 'similar' works - from some other composers.

This is, of course, showing a shocking lack of respect towards them, I know....

P.

Pippy, I don't think you are disrespecting anyone, I listen to classical music to relax and when I drive, it keeps me sane. I will never be able to play as well as these master artist but I just love the emotion the music conveys and I appreciate the dedication required by those who play it.

Music in any form is the language of the soul... I listen to Jazz and Classical with my eyes closed and hear in color...

I just mentioned these 2 guitar giants in another thread afew minute ago.I have some of their recordings as a duet and singley.The John Williams and Julian Bream Together and Together Again are indispensable for any guitarists CD library.Their playing of Clair de lune is truly great.

Archived