Gibson Brands Forums

lamb chops, peas, mash n mint sauce...

S t e v e

As a person of Greek descent just let me say that you are ruining lamb by putting that green jelly crap on it. We are way past the era where you had to mask the taste of half rotten meat with sauces and herbs. If anything, please try some au jus.

You may now proceed with your meal.

As a person of Greek descent just let me say that you are ruining lamb by putting that green jelly crap on it. We are way past the era where you had to mask the taste of half rotten meat with sauces and herbs. If anything, please try some au jus.

my wife is half greek and will enjoy the mint sauce on her dinner =;

Here in Americur we ruin lamb by putting green jelly crap on it. The Continentals use an actual reduction type of sauce that usually has some pretty good bite to it too. Even goes great with their Bordeaux, the pairing of good EuroLamb and Bordeaux is just heaven.

rct

Here in Americur we ruin lamb by putting green jelly crap on it. The Continentals use an actual reduction type of sauce that usually has some pretty good bite to it too. Even goes great with their Bordeaux, the pairing of good EuroLamb and Bordeaux is just heaven.

rct

So you're saying stevejoshlay is putting an actual sauce or reduction on his lamb and not that nasty green jelly they package the chops with? Like a mint chimichurri? I would still not eat it, but can respect that.

And it is probably way better than my dinner, which is still a mystery. Need to go grocery shopping badly since there isn't a whole lot in the fridge.

So you're saying stevejoshlay is putting an actual sauce or reduction on his lamb and not that nasty green jelly they package the chops with? Like a mint chimichurri? I would still not eat it, but can respect that.

And it is probably way better than my dinner, which is still a mystery. Need to go grocery shopping badly since there isn't a whole lot in the fridge.

I'm sayin based on the heritage hinted at in his avatar area there, I certainly hope he is using an actual sauce or reduction. I think we have the green jelly thing wrapped up here, them guys don't know what we are talking about prolly. Like a mint with really excellent white wine vinegar base with some other stuff thrown in, that's what they usually use.

We've cooked pretty hard this week, I think it's some salad from the yard and a frozen thing for us tonight.

rct

my wife is half greek and will enjoy the mint sauce on her dinner =;

I'll give you and your lovely wife the benefit of the doubt and assume you're using a sauce and completely retract my culinary criticism.

Guest farnsbarns

We have both mint sauce and mint jelly. Mint sauce is made with mint and some kind of mild clear viniger. That has a bit of a bite. That's the only thing that's ever going on my lamb.

Archived