Gibson Brands Forums

Californiagirls!!!!

Californiaman

Nothing beats a great set of waves.

I remember when I was young, Boogie Boards and Duck Feat (except I had U.S. Diver Rocket Fins) and I could catch anything that came rolling in.

Being pushed along through a tube of water towards a distant shoreline is one of the greatest experiences in life.

I wish I surfed.

But I'm too big. Body Surfing is fine. I'm not afraid to swim out to the first break and swim with everything I have to catch a big wave either.

I've done it since I was 12 years old.

Dude some of those girls were my age...

Yes they are.

And one of the junior contestants is from New York City. He surfs Long Island in the middle of the winter!

While most people are up to there asses-and-elbows in snow, he's out looking for waves on Long Island.

No such thing as too big to surf just need a board that fits. I'm 6'4" tall and surf whenever I get the chance including a special vacation to Hawaii every winter for the North-shore winter break. Ever seen pictures of Hawaiian surfers some of those guys are monsters.

Check out Grain wooden surfboards out of Maine almost as pretty as a Les Paul burst. [thumbup]

No such thing as too big to surf just need a board that fits. I'm 6'4" tall and surf whenever I get the chance including a special vacation to Hawaii every winter for the North-shore winter break. Ever seen pictures of Hawaiian surfers some of those guys are monsters.

Check out Grain wooden surfboards out of Maine almost as pretty as a Les Paul burst. [thumbup]

Those were some nice logs Retro.

I don't see any reason why my 300 lb. body couldn't get up on one of them.

Maybe next year.

Archived