Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to get Status on my Order

tcraft1

Would like to know if anyone out there is having the same problem that I am having. I ordered a Gibson ES-137 Custom from my local GC back in June. At that time I was told by the GC that the Guitar would ship in 1 week. I found out soon thereafter (after my guitar did not ship) that production of the guitar at Gibson Memphis would be the determining factor for delivery and that the latest status that GC is has given me is August 15th.

I called Gibson myself to try to confirm this and after a week, Gibson cannot either confirm or deny that this shipment date is valid. Does anyone over there know what is going on? Trying to find out if others are as frustrated as I am.

Can't help. But I can tell you that ever since the Nashville flood of 2010, in which the Gibson factory sustained heavy damage (pics), Gibson has had problems with keeping delivery dates on schedule and even having a handle on completion dates - a subject that has come up numerous times here. I'm inclined to give them some slack. I hope your guitar gets delivered soon.

Can't help. But I can tell you that ever since the Nashville flood of 2010, in which the Gibson factory sustained heavy damage (pics), Gibson has had problems with keeping delivery dates on schedule and even having a handle on completion dates - a subject that has come up numerous times here. I'm inclined to give them some slack. I hope your guitar gets delivered soon.

Thanks for the reply...

A lot of people on this forum say that GC is pretty bad when it comes to making promises that they can't keep. I wouldn't know personally. Gibson isn't really responsible for tracking your order. It's the dealer's responsibility to keep the customer up to date on the orders.

Hope your axe arrives soon!

I received my guitar last night from the GC. It was worth the wait.

As of Monday however, Gibson customer service was telling me that the guitar was being shipped in September. Real disappointed with the quality of their customer service department. Good thing the guitar is beautiful and worth the wait. I just think that guys like us who shell out a few thousand dollars have the right to find out what the exact status of the order is. Gibson failed miserably with this.

Thanks to all who replied.

How can Gibson be faulted for the delivery status? It's up to the store you're buying from to find out what the status of orders are. And even then you never know if they are feeding you a line.

In the past I worked at a hardware store and I'd see the owner occasionally bs'ing a customer in regards to order status. Sometimes she had no clue and what string the customer along.

When you place an order for a car or truck you can't call Ford HQ and ask what's happening --- you have to find out the info from your dealer.

Archived