Gibson Brands Forums

LP Tribute Plus OUT (In The UK)

On a more constructive note, I appreciate the OP's post about the new version of the Tribute. I bought one of the first Epi Tributes when they first came out and it is an awesome guitar. Information about the new one is interesting. I think they have the new one at the shop by where I live - it is a black transparent body one and has coil splitting, unlike mine. It is a real nice guitar. I just bought a maple cap new style Gibson worn LP Studio and it is awesome, and I'm still comparing it to my Tribute and my other LP's and LP copies. My Agile AL3100 and Michael Kelly Patriot Custom LP copies favorably compare to the Gibson. The Agile sounds mellower and the Michael Kelly sounds brighter - but this could be because of the different strings and the age of the strings or other not so evident variables. The Gibson is chambered, so that may change the tone some, I don't know. I'm not an expert on the data comparing the sound of the chambered versus the traditional body compositions, although I'm sure some has been done and is probably available.

Keep on posting and letting us know what you think about the new Tribute. Everything you say might not be exactly correct, but the "main idea" of your posts is easily discernable. Thanks. Hang in there.

Obviously you inaccurately used the word "informations" when the correct word is "information", in the context of your sentence, if written in correct English grammar. Details of communication are also important and reflect upon your communication skills. Using the language correctly helps readers understand what you are trying to say.

Pete's German. Now let's all stop being a**hats.

Also if you think about it "Coil Tap" and "Coil Split" ARE in fact the same thing. When you split the coils of a humbucker you do indeed reduce the number of windings transmitting signal. Splitting is a form of tapping, but tapping isn't necessarily splitting.

Pete. It seems you have missed the main idea - the OP was trying to share his experience with the new Tribute version. That was the main idea.

You got hung up on specific detail errors that he made.

You may have extensive specialized knowledge, but many here are not at your "level" and cutting them some slack or at least being a little sensitive to them might be consistent with your over five thousand posts and the experience you must have gained.

May I point out that you, obviously a detail oriented perfectionist, have not yourself used the correct wording in your last post. May I quote you?

Quote, "Correct informations are important, too.", and "Wrong informations are useless.". Unquote

Obviously you inaccurately used the word "informations" when the correct word is "information", in the context of your sentence, if written in correct English grammar. Details of communication are also important and reflect upon your communication skills. Using the language correctly helps readers understand what you are trying to say.

By your own account, you too make errors. Showing some tolerance of the errors of others is a gift, and applying tactful communication skills may lead to some other people reaching the plus five thousand posts mark, rather than turning them off.

Lots of incorrect data is shared here. Helping clarify and correct the incorrect data is valuable and appreciated, but should be done in the spirit of constructive criticism, without sounding rude or crude. Some lightening up on well meaning guys like the OP would totally be appreciated by the majority of people that have to read your posts.

Correcting data errors and congenial, respectful communication is greatly appreciated.

No big deal, but a little more tolerance or cooperative communication will gain you the respect that your over five thousand posts seem to indicate you should deserve. It almost sounds to me, new to this forum, that you have become embittered somewhere along the way to your incredible over five thousand posts. It's never to late to soften your perspective, as so eloquently described in Charles Dickens, "A Christmas Carol", featuring the infamous but enlightened "Scrooge".

Lightening up is a virtue that can enhance your ability to communicate more effectively without turning off prospective forum participants.

I know I was offended by your persistent indignant hammering of the OP. Ease up dude, please.....

The OP has been giving false and misleading information for a long time, this is not the first post this has happened on, in fact, it's happened so many times it's impossible to keep count.

EDIT: Pete is German, so his spelling may be a little off on occasion, but his info never is.

Also if you think about it "Coil Tap" and "Coil Split" ARE in fact the same thing. When you split the coils of a humbucker you do indeed reduce the number of windings transmitting signal. Splitting is a form of tapping, but tapping isn't necessarily splitting.

I strongly disagree, coil tapping is actually tapping in to an existing coil, cutting part of that coil off, hence the term tap, not turning one whole coil on or off as in coil splitting, two completely different things all together.

The OP has been giving false and misleading information for a long time, this is not the first post this has happened on, in fact, it's happened so many times it's impossible to keep count.

Come on you know that isn't true. My so called lies... are as follows

#Mistaken the toggle options on a Nighwawk for 8 instead of 9 (Was corrected)

#Confusion over a EE series SG that was purchased on ebay (Trying to be helpful but edmittedly it probably went the wrong way and I did apologies) (Probably my only BIG cock up)

#And what was mistaken here...

It's not alot and the majority of my mistakes where "GUITAR TERM" based (As a result of my incomplete knowledge)

I do try and it seems RaSTuS & Pete.R are the only ones attacking me for it. I understand you both have YEARS of experience on here & with your own guitars and as "Duffy49" said I don't mind contructive critacism but bear in mind I only joined here 7 months ago and have only been playing properly for the last year. so I'm effectively a NOOB in training, not some guy with 20+ years under his belt.

I hope this doesn't happen again for all our sakes. This is a good forum, thats why I joined and I just want to have fun and enjoy the music with you all... [thumbup]

Come on you know that isn't true. My so called lies... are as follows

#Mistaken the toggle options on a Nighwawk for 8 instead of 9 (Was corrected)

#Confusion over a EE series SG that was purchased on ebay (Trying to be helpful but edmittedly it probably went the wrong way and I did apologies) (Probably my only BIG cock up)

#And what was mistaken here...

It's not alot and the majority of my mistakes where "GUITAR TERM" based (As a result of my incomplete knowledge)

I do try and it seems RaSTuS & Pete.R are the only ones attacking me for it. I understand you both have YEARS of experience on here & with your own guitars and as "Duffy49" said I don't mind contructive critacism but bear in mind I only joined here 7 months ago and have only been playing properly for the last year. so I'm effectively a NOOB in training, not some guy with 20+ years under his belt.

I hope this doesn't happen again for all our sakes. This is a good forum, thats why I joined and I just want to have fun and enjoy the music with you all... [thumbup]

You've made many more than that, I remember having a PM session with you about 6 months ago over the same issues, you said then that you'd be more careful, but that just hasn't been the case.

You've made many more than that, I remember having a PM session with you about 6 months ago over the same issues, you said then that you'd be more careful, but that just hasn't been the case.

That was during my FIRST MONTH on here!

I guess I may as well throw this one in the works (Will explain alot) I suffer from Aspergers Syndrome. So their you go...

Fair enough. Seems like the OP is a well meaning enough type dude. His knowledge of the nomenclature and technical stuff may not be at the master engineer level, but I think he means well enough.

Back to the main idea, meaning the new version Tribute. The most significant difference I see between this one and my original cherry burst one is that mine is a plain maple top and these new Plus ones have the flammed maple tops, which look real nice by the way.

As far as the necks go, mine has the more traditional neck profile that was offered and not the asymetrical neck. Actually I'm thinking of getting one of the asymetrical neck versions, but I haven't seen very many around. I could probably order one.

As far as the Tribute in general, mine is almost exactly as the new one is described and plays and sounds super great. I like the fifty seven and fifty seven plus pickups. Personally I think the plain top is very nice, if it is a cap or a veneer I don't know, but I would suppose that the new Plus version has a flammed veneer on top of whatever is under it, not a flammed maple cap. It would be nice if it was a flammed maple cap..

I have an Epi LP Standard Plus top that I put Seymour Duncan JB/59 nickel covered pickups in, and a black Epi LP Custom, stock. All of these LP's sound super great thru my new Peavey 6505+ 112 high gain combo. This is a very fun amp and not too expensive. It is totally different from any of my other amps and is a real compliment to the Tribute, producing some incredible tones.

Archived