Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

Dub-T-123

Got a Devi Ever Hyperion in the mail today.

Here's what it sounds like:

Here's what it looks like:

photo-766.jpg

(seller's pic, my pedal)

photo-2010.jpg

on mah board

so this is my second Devi Ever pedal and like my 5th or 6th Muff/Muff style pedal. I'm not really sure if this thing is actually a Muff circuit-wise but it definately sounds like a Muff. It sounds slightly gated in a lot of settings though, and I've never heard a gated sounding Muff. It's pretty interesting sounding and surprisingly quiet when you're not playing (it's hella loud when you are playing). It also has mids galore. The tone control in big muffs is what gives them their signature scooped sound, this pedal has no tone control and it has more mids than any Muff ever.

Anyways, I still haven't gotten to play with it much but so far I think it's gonna be the perfect pedal for a stoner metal project that my drummer wants to start. It's heavy as ****. I'm sure I can fit it in with my regular style too.

Congrats.

And stoner metal projects? please elaborate [smile]

Well I've been playing with my drummer for a long time.. Since like my sophomore year of high school. When we first started jamming together I had just gotten my first pedal (a black Russian Big Muff), I was playing my SG, and I wanted to be Tony Iommi BAD. So we smoked a lot of weed and in turn played a lot of stoner metal. Since then my tastes have changed and I'm more into lofi/psychedelic stuff and bands like pinback and radiohead. That's the kinda stuff that I feel passionate about playing and listening to. My drummer on the other hand is a total metalhead at heart. He always has been and he listens to a lot of white stripes and black angels and all that kinda stuff but metal is his favorite. So he wants to start a stoner metal band and even though it's not my passion or whatever I still enjoy playing it and I feel like I'm pretty good at it. So we're gonna do that as kinda his baby and we're gonna do my thing as kinda my baby.

My thing with is kinda a psychedelic rock deal with lots fuzz and I like catchy sounding stuff as well as like moderately depressing pretty sounding stuff haha

so yeah there's a super long explanation

Very nice!! Lets hear it [thumbup] [thumbup] Post a youtube of you playing it. I saw that proguitar shop vid already.

If I had a decent recording setup or even a camera I would but I don't even have a computer haha. If I can make a decent recording on my iPhone I'll send it your way.

Archived