Gibson Brands Forums

One of those '59 Dots with the neck binding......

Supersonic

I can't say that I've ever seen one of these before. By what name (or model) do these go by? Anything else these have that oher models don't, besides the fat neck? And, are there other finishes available? My next guitar will have HBs and I'm starting to look around a little and notice guitars that I haven't in the past.

They were available around 09 in the US through the Alliance of Independent Music Merchants ( Mom & Pop stores ) and a more recent run in Canada for L&M.I had the chance to play one before the Gibson Showcase was flooded,great feel and tone and were priced around $400. The colors that I remeber seeing were Cherry, VS and an Ice Tea Burst, they hay 57 Classic HB's neck binding ,59 neck profile and tulip tuners, If I am missing anything someone please help. Awesome semi's just were hard to find.

I never bought a Dot, waiting for this model to become "The Dot." When a couple of these landed in my local shop, the sunburst one went out the door before I could grab it and the cherry one just didn't look like a Dot to me. The color was wrong. I kept waiting for a natural finish, similar to the Elitist 335, but that one never arrived. Then, the whole series disappeared. So, I'm still waiting.

Archived