Gibson Brands Forums

Dunlop Strings: Inside A Modern String Company

S t e v e

I use them and they seem to be pretty good. GC had them on special for like 5 packs for $10 at one time. I use 10s.

word.

they're cheap as hell, and I have to change strings all the time anyways due to my acidic sweat. everyone tries to sell me some coated string, for like 3 times the price and they last just slightly longer for me. not worth it

GC almost always has 3 packs for 10 bucks, and often on sale for less

word.

they're cheap as hell, and I have to change strings all the time anyways due to my acidic sweat. everyone tries to sell me some coated string, for like 3 times the price and they last just slightly longer for me. not worth it

GC almost always has 3 packs for 10 bucks, and often on sale for less

Yea, GC really sells strings really cheap. This month they have three packs of D'addario strings for $10.

Yea, GC really sells strings really cheap. This month they have three packs of D'addario strings for $10.

The only D'addario strings I didn't hate was their 7 string pack I used on my Strat to make it a faux baritone. Other than that, I have always broken every string within a week or two

I'm gonna try out that naked strings website, you get to make your own set with custom gauges. I have heard good things, and they are fairly cheap, so I'll let you guys know when I try em out

The only D'addario strings I didn't hate was their 7 string pack I used on my Strat to make it a faux baritone. Other than that, I have always broken every string within a week or two

I'm gonna try out that naked strings website, you get to make your own set with custom gauges. I have heard good things, and they are fairly cheap, so I'll let you guys know when I try em out

Looking forward to your review [thumbup] [thumbup]

When I bought my Strat my guy at Guitar Center threw in a couple packs of Dunlops... I haven't tried them yet. Next restring Ill check them out. I usually use D'Addario 10s at $6 a pop... I do like the colored nubbies at the end though... :unsure:

When I bought my Strat my guy at Guitar Center threw in a couple packs of Dunlops... I haven't tried them yet. Next restring Ill check them out. I usually use D'Addario 10s at $6 a pop... I do like the colored nubbies at the end though... :unsure:

Ouch! $6 a pack???? I use the same as you....GC has them now for 3 packs for $10. [scared]

Archived