Gibson Brands Forums

Why Is There No Love For These Guys!?

Tman5293

I don't agree with this at all. After listening to Ram Jam's entire first album several times, I think all the songs on it are really good. In fact, Black Betty isn't even my favorite song on the album.

Nothing against the songs, quite the opposite. The songs are great. It's the production that is lacking. Some vocals that could have been taken again, a little more attention to the Mix. The songs are good, but the producer just didn't afford them the same attention as the one tune the A&R man said was the single.

I remember a 10cc Album I had, The single was a nearly pristine recording, but the rest of the album sounded like it was recorded through a hotel wall with cardboard drums. Good songs, bad production.

There were so many "one hit wonders" that could've been really successful and popular if they had been given the right promotion and exposure.That Corpus song is another example of a band with a great sound and great potential but not being able to get ito the charts or garner much airplay.

Archived